When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Iwc Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Divers

PureTime

Anyone who orderd the costeau divers recieve a conformation from there dealer that the watch is on its way?

Just curious to know when I can expect the first pics/reviews? Almost gave in for a Swiss, but a little voice in my mind convinced me to wait for member pics & reviews before blowing some of my sourly earned cash...

Thanks,

RR. ^_^

Anyone who orderd the costeau divers recieve a conformation from there dealer that the watch is on its way?

Just curious to know when I can expect the first pics/reviews? Almost gave in for a Swiss, but a little voice in my mind convinced me to wait for member pics & reviews before blowing some of my sourly earned cash...

Thanks,

RR. ^_^

cant wait to see to see the early reviews & user pics!

I went with Asian but am swapping movement and date wheels on my own. It is a lot cheaper and you know the movement that is going into it. ;) But if not for the fact that I have a lot of 7750's for exactly this purpose I would order Asian version and service it.

Where are you getting the hands?

Thanks,

RR. ^_^

Got my tracking number from Joshua yesterday.

I am using the hands that came with it. There is this myth that you can't use the same hands. Well, I can't but The Zigmeister can. There is no 7750 that he cannot adapt the original hands to work. And yes, they can be removed when it is time to service them. ;)

Wont The Zigmeister have to cut off the posts of the hands and glue on larger posts that fit the Swiss 7750. I do not get how replacing an Asia 7750 with a Swiss 7750 can be much cheaper the getting an out of the box IWC CD with Swiss 7750. Whats the beat of the 7750 old version Swiss Valjoux 7750's you have? 28880 vph? or lower? Please correct me if I am wrong Kruzer00

IWC CD Asia 7750 418

Swiss Valjoux 7750 (Old version 17 jewels, Beat? ) 150

Overhaul costs 200 (price estimate)

Shipping to The Zigmeister 20

Total 788$

Result -> IWC CD, With hacked hands and oldversion Valjoux 7750

IWD CD Asia 7750 418

Swiss Valjoux 7750 (Current version 25 jewels, Ofrei) 342

Overhaul costs 200 (price estimate)

Shipping to The Zigmeister 20

Total 980$

Result -> IWC CD, With hacked hands, new version Valjoux 7750, but more expensive then a out off the box Swiss.

Out off the box IWC CD with Swiss Valjoux 7750 25 jewels, 28880 vph, comes default with correct size hands -> 788$?

http://www.ofrei.com/page240.html

After that i came home, found a fedex note in my mailbox, rang them up and told them i really needed the parcel today! After 10 phonecall, driving through trafficjam on the friday afternoon for almost 80km to pick it up they told me the driver wasn't gonna be there for another 2 hours ... although we had an agreement the package would be waiting for me. So we agreed the driver would wait for me on a parkingplace near the highway.. again 5 phonecalls and some waiting further i received my package from a nice young lady (the driver) at a parking space a few minutes driving from the highway... i rushed home and this was inside...

245547-8654.jpg

245547-8655.jpg

245547-8656.jpg

The watch is really spectacular. The feel of it is incredible... solid, heavy, nice AR coat, even the lume is quite good, runs good, chrono work perfect, innerbezel can be set through crown at 4 and that works fine, the dial... the printing... wow... really good. I have't been so amazed by a watch in a long... long time. The IWC Ingenieur is incredible... this is even better.

Big applause for Angus!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

looks really amazing , you wear it well allso . This is a must-have for me .

One thing that bothers me though looking at the picture . Is the date in changing mode or is the 11 misalligned ?

Hope you can clear that out for me .

P.

Yellomen-

Fabulous looking. Can't wait for mine. :wub:

RR-

No need to remove or replace posts.

Cost for 99% and true Swiss movement (none of this Chinese ebauche stuff):

Watch $350 (or so - different people get different prices ;) )

Movement 200-250 (movement and swap)

ETA Day/date wheels 30

Relume 50-100 don't know if required or possible as I haven't received it yet though

All in $630 - 730 (and it ain't $730 :lol: )

And that is with relume, true Swiss movement and no date misalignment. As to the beat, I have no idea. I was not under the impression the beat changed from the 17 to 27 jewel. The other added bonus of doing it yourself is that if the Asian comes with decorated rotor or screws you can mix and match. Factory typically sells Swiss version as undecorated. It doesn't always make sense though if the screws or rotor are crap and affect functionality. That will make a big difference on, say, a transplanted HBB. ;)

Just another little question on day-date misallignement on asian versions : is it something that you can manually adjust or not ?

Are all the pics in dealers-presentation taken from swiss versions because i can't really see a misallignement there ?

P.

kruzer, isn't your price estimate on the swiss movement and swap a little low? Maybe you're doing the swap yourself?

Apparently there is no need to use different hands? That was something that came up recently that defied what I had previously read.

I'm probably going to go asian, it's just a matter of whether I'm going to have it serviced. Probably not...although I hate the sound of unserviced asian 7750's. :crazy:

When I say I hate the sound, I'm not speaking metaphorically...I think the asian 7750 often sounds loose (rotor?) and cheap. My serviced HBB does not seem to be as bad.

Edited by mezzanine

Uh oh, we may all be playing wall ball for a while then. :(

Mez-

My numbers are accurate only because I found cheap older Swiss movements and bought a bunch. In fact a number of other members have loaded up on them as well. When you buy them in quantities of 3 or more the price falls into the $150 per range. And they typically are in excellent shape. So far none have needed anything (not even regulation). For me I was willing to go with the older 17j movements knowing that the Swiss had not found Asia yet. :lol: