When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Black Bay repped!

Legend

Anyone who is in the first pre-order batch will be shipped a replacement pearl when they update them.

Hopefully he'll be in a positiion to start shipping the first batch end of 2nd week in December, the 15th or thereabouts.

If it goes like the 389 then I reckon most will get shipped with pearl even PreOrders (because of delays and QC issues the CB issue on the 389 caught up with the pre-orders ;) )

But as a word of warning guys generally....

Dealers are saying to me and others that EMS is becoming more problematic for them and more packages etc are going missing or being seized...

If you add that to Xmas business period... not just quantity but remember one of the biggest risks is the additional part time staff brought in that may increase that risk in the shipper themselves plus increased customs staff that are also part time generally drawn from the offices and very very keen !!! ;) then you may well find your risk increasing in shipping over that period..

So if you have preordered and it will need the pearl update... then I would suggest you tell Angus to wait get the watch sorted with pearl etc and ship after Xmas or same with any order ..

just my 2 cents for you yanks and my penny's worth for us limeys.... :)

If it goes like the 389 then I reckon most will get shipped with pearl even PreOrders (because of delays and QC issues the CB issue on the 389 caught up with the pre-orders ;) )

But as a word of warning guys generally....

Dealers are saying to me and others that EMS is becoming more problematic for them and more packages etc are going missing or being seized...

If you add that to Xmas business period... not just quantity but remember one of the biggest risks is the additional part time staff brought in that may increase that risk in the shipper themselves plus increased customs staff that are also part time generally drawn from the offices and very very keen !!! ;) then you may well find your risk increasing in shipping over that period..

So if you have preordered and it will need the pearl update... then I would suggest you tell Angus to wait get the watch sorted with pearl etc and ship after Xmas or same with any order ..

just my 2 cents for you yanks and my penny's worth for us limeys.... :)

You got a good point here!

Last year I've waited 6 weeks before I received my watch (December). It was my first rep so the waiting is killing in this month. This year I'm not buying something this month just because of the shipping.. 

You got a good point here!

Last year I've waited 6 weeks before I received my watch (December). It was my first rep so the waiting is killing in this month. This year I'm not buying something this month just because of the shipping.. 

It is for me one of the 2 times in the year I totally avoid ordering anything... and if I do I ask to wait for it to be shipped.... I do the same with stuff coming from modders etc..I have asked Domi to hold off until New Year for a watch i have been waiting for since July !! :) So patience is needed ;)

And especially more given what some dealers are telling me recently about EMS.... ;)

Good point Pete.

Hopefully it'll all be OK.

Got this on order from Angus, an Armida coming from the US from M2M sales, it's a gen so shouldn't be a problem (bet that'll get customs duties), the PP I ordered from Andrew came in a few days, and my finished PO coming from Rolexman.

That'll be in until the new year! And hopefully for many months into 2014!

I think the pearl that's in the bezel in the pics Angus has posted looks good, so the one I get will be a spare.

Good point Pete.

Hopefully it'll all be OK.

Got this on order from Angus, an Armida coming from the US from M2M sales, it's a gen so shouldn't be a problem (bet that'll get customs duties), the PP I ordered from Andrew came in a few days, and my finished PO coming from Rolexman.

That'll be in until the new year! And hopefully for many months into 2014!

I think the pearl that's in the bezel in the pics Angus has posted looks good, so the one I get will be a spare.

I think it has changed recently...when I last checked the VAT threshold for imports it was around £40 but now if the value is over £15 then you will get hit for VAT on value plus shipping cost plus the carriers admin fee (PF is £15 and RM is £13 approx) regardless f it being a gift or sample etc etc ;(

So any package with a value greater than about $24 will get VAT added on the stated value and shipping...(Though dont even deduct the £15 threshld !)

I might guess some might make it through without charge but in UK we can all expect the surcharge if the senders states anything over $24 ish :(

Then of course if more you run risk of hitting the Customs tax threshold which adds the commodity percentage on that item including shipping value ..then plus VAT on that total plus admin charge :(   And then of course to add insult to injury they calculate using their own conversion rate !!

This is a useful tool to calculate customs mate :) (apologies if you have seen it already)

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

Oh I'm sick of their little cards or letters, "You need to pay BLOOD, SWEAT and TEARS cause the fat cat wants a new solid gold butt plug!"

I wonder if there's any EU country where they don't check US mail as much as the UK?

Just need a friend there then who can ship to the UK :)

"

Notes on duty & taxes rates
  • Butt Plug has an import duty rate of 4.5%, subject to minimum of €0.30 per piece, subject to maximum of €0.80 per piece and VAT rate of 20%. Import Authorization may be required.
  • Duty result for item Butt Plug is nil because the total amount of duty payable for this item is less than £9.00

"

:D

• Like 1

Oh I'm sick of their little cards or letters, "You need to pay BLOOD, SWEAT and TEARS cause the fat cat wants a new solid gold butt plug!"

I wonder if there's any EU country where they don't check US mail as much as the UK?

Just need a friend there then who can ship to the UK :)

Ireland .. :)

The Swedish customs gotten ridiculous tight last year.

I've had to pay import tax on everything sent from a non-EU country.

It doesn't matter what's in the package, they don't open it, just want a receipt or proof of purchase to release it, and then you have to pay tax and crap.

When I order reps I just show them the PayPal amount and pay the tax. I rather want the watch and kind of expect the watch to cost more and pay the tax instead of them opening the package and sending the lawyers after me.

The Swedish customs gotten ridiculous tight last year.

I've had to pay import tax on everything sent from a non-EU country.

It doesn't matter what's in the package, they don't open it, just want a receipt or proof of purchase to release it, and then you have to pay tax and crap.

When I order reps I just show them the PayPal amount and pay the tax. I rather want the watch and kind of expect the watch to cost more and pay the tax instead of them opening the package and sending the lawyers after me.

It seems to be a common approach across EU more and more... Even UK has changed... the processes and methods plus thresholds etc have all changed....

Unlike Sweden though it can be hit and miss if they get their hands on it... which can surprise some guys who say get 2-4 watches previously over the year and then bang get smacked for surcharges etc on one and then cant understand why...

I think those copyright enforcement agencies are still there at our customs... but it is funny as they only look for specific brands of reps so if they catch say a Graham they will let it through but if it is a PAM then as its Richemont..they keep it...

And at this time of year we get more part time staff in mail service (RM/PF) and they dont mind lifting the odd package especilly if it has a look or feel that suggests what it is or maybe...

I dont think any dealers send in toys etc anymore but it may be a good idea around this time and especially if you are in a busy and/or large town or city... :)