When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega 2892

Ok guys....

Look at what i have here:

"ETA" 2892 with Genuine Omega Black datewheel.

Perfect for the Omega P.O projects and the Omega 2254.500 (Member Jsph, this may be of interest to you)

:yeah:

Damn you marrick ! LOL...Adding another 2892 to your collection I see? :D I just sent Joe my Blue SMP tp swap out the dial with a gen and realign the bezel....I would have loved to add a 2892 movement to the mod process, but I'll stick with the 2824...unless you're in a giving mood ? :D

ok, mvb -- suitably impressed and very intrigued. :cc_detective: you've got to share the whole story now! and what you plan to do with it.

[on a perhaps related note: what is just a _little_ bit of a shame, i would say, though, is that the really nice older versions of the seamaster reps, that came with the 2892, were in apparently _thinner_ cases as well, from what i hear. and the seamaster is supposed to be thinner and sleeker, due to this (you rascal!) thinner movement. upgrading a 2824 or 2836 rep with this guy is wild, no doubt, but one still has the thicker rep case. that said, i think the difference is only about a millimeter (current ones about 12.x mm thick, the 2892s might have been closer to 11mm*)... i guess this ranks around the same as other subtle things the real rep connoisseurs notice.]

now, on with the story, sir! :secret:

jsph

* anyone who has a 2892 closed-factory 2254.50, i could offer my services as watch thickness measurer. i have a pair of high quality calipers, and for a small fee, would be delighted to measure the thickness of your superior rep. turn around time is approximately 12 - 36months -- but i do very good work!

congrats, triplehd. i would have made overtures myself, but am sure i can't afford it and don't have a truly deserving project watch. looking forward to hearing more about this from you guys. long live omega!

now... the 2824 that comes out of that watch... you take good care of that, y'hear? ;)

jsph