When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chanel J12

ladycajun17

Hi! I'm new here, and after reading every post that has the word Chanel in it, I need some advice. 

I am deadset on getting a Chanel J12 38mm white ceramic with the gold on the bezel and diamond markers. Can someone please tell me where is the best place to buy one from? I've seen references to trusty time, puretime, ruby(I have no idea who this is) and others. Also, I read people referencing a better ceramic or reps with the real diamonds. Where do I find these? I would like to pay no more than $1,000 and have the watch last for a couple of years. I also have a gen Rolex Yachtmaster, so this chanel will rotate with the rolex. 

Basically, I would like someone to tell me where to buy the best quality rep watch at. I really appreciate any help y'all!

Hillary

Welcome to the forum!

If you are seeing reps going for as much as you want to spend that are not modded or custom built , you are looking at a potential rip off.

a811cdf0f222dc1180944947d620a7c3.image.2 Here is trusty's site, -  http://www.ttw888.com/  Wrong link!

$248                                                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Correct link as pointed out byJkay   http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=22&zenid=62e092b9fac3857a88552676335afa49

I haven't seen any for that price; I just wanted to give you guys an option of how much the most I wanted to spend was! 

THAT is the watch I want! So you both agree that Trusty is the way to go? How long will the high-end watch last compared to the just regular one?

Edited by ladycajun17

I have bought several J12s in ceramic...pink black etc all with CZs.... never paid more than $100 for them from Reg (Narikka)...and each of them is as good on the wrist as the gen... havent even changed the batteries in them and some are 4 years old !!

My wife had the gen at one stage but she sold it after getting the reps...  she couldnt see the point as the reps were good enough against the gen ;)

I have bought several J12s in ceramic...pink black etc all with CZs.... never paid more than $100 for them from Reg (Narikka)...and each of them is as good on the wrist as the gen... havent even changed the batteries in them and some are 4 years old !!

My wife had the gen at one stage but she sold it after getting the reps...  she couldnt see the point as the reps were good enough against the gen ;)

Who is Reg(Narikka)? 

I contacted Andrew at Trusty Time, he doesn't have the 38mm white with gold bezel. He also told me that he can't get it custom made :cry2: So if anyone else can steer me in the direction of a 38mm white chanel j12 with gold bezel, I will love you forever! 

Also, I looked a the TT Rolex Sub with the blue bezel and serti silver dial.   How is this watch as a rep? Pretty close to the gen? 

Reg (Narikka) is in the TD section...

For a specific model I would recommend you contact the trusted dealers direct with a pic or link to what you are after.... Probably best to contact the smaller dealers as they are cheaper and likely more willing to have a look for one

Good luck and hopefully you will find what you want :)

If you love the idea of having a miniature micromachine on your wrist happily humming away hour after hour day after day then definitely go mechanical. If you don't want to mess with or fuss with it at all then definitely get the battery powered watch.

No knowledge of Chanel, but as jay said, the quartz is pretty user friendly, especially if you are wearing the watch in a rotation. The quartz is pretty muсh "grab and go" My wife much prefers her quartz watches to her mechanical, as she doesn't like to set time and date every time she wears a different watch.

Lady my wife has the J12 ceramic quartz with silver accents and loves it. It's her favorite go to watch. She's had it three years without a scratch. It rivals the gen no problem. I would suggest talking with Angus at puretime. He carries all types of Chanel J series some with real diamonds. His website is www.pureti.me he's a stand up trustworthy guy and will take good care of you!

i'm just happy we finally got some women in here

So what am I ..? Chopped liver.. :)

I need to start asking stuff... with ... I am just " Clueless and just a girl.. hee hee ."

:)

Awe thanks y'all for being so nice!!!!!!!! I actually played softball in college, hence the Lady Cajun #17. It's kinda been my handle forever. There are no women on here, really? I am surprised! I don't get the hype of paying an absurd amount of money for a watch when you can get a rep that looks identical; I would expect other females to feel the same way. I mean, there are so many things to buy as a woman, and I'm trying to retire someday ;) I really appreciate everyone's help that was provided. I can't thank y'all enough! I am going to look into Puretime and let y'all know how it goes! Fingers crossed for my watch :yeah:

Welcome from another ULL grad (Of course I'm from the old USL era, way back in fact) Hope you find a nice watch, and like you said, it's pretty absurd to spend thousands on a watch when the rep is about 99% as accurate as the genuine. If you buy a Quartz, it probably has the same motor that the genuine watch has inside!! Good luck