When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

KV Pam 320 GMT M is out!

concepta

I hear hot and cold about these watches.... they certainly seem to have built up a following....

The only 2 complaints I have heard of is the thickness and/or size of CB relative to gen (I guess that is to allow for plates maybe?) and the case shape at lugs plus cloudier crystal than ZF maker.... I have seen other pics of the 3 series PAMs and to me the CG always looks off in terms of the REGTM depth and thickness etc

But other guys seem to think this maker that does it for KW makes gen weighty feeling reps

Compared to the ZF maker you can see the main difference is in movement (painted jewels) and case and crystal plus IMHO CG

By the way what does GMT stand for? and why does it have a large and small seconds hands... I am confused :inverted:

Pete's right the crystal can be a tad cloudy but I really like these smaller 1950 cases and these are great watches

and that new movement cover looks the business

Bang on mate... no comparison with ZF...

But given a choice I would rather the crystal than the movement ..nice as it is....

I am not sure but I get a sense that KVs makers source some of their parts from the same sources as other makers where they can and that is why some details seem the same and sometimes create confusion...

Probably totally wrong given the way makers like the Noob tie their makers into exclusivity deals..... especially with movements... ;(

i haven't warmed up to these 44mm 1950 cases….I had the gen 233 and gen 312…kept the 233 for a bit and sold it…had the gen 312 for maybe 3 days and sold it….they are just weird and screwy on the wrist (to me)….but if others love 'em--cool!

This one looks good in pix, but on the wrist--pass.

i haven't warmed up to these 44mm 1950 cases….I had the gen 233 and gen 312…kept the 233 for a bit and sold it…had the gen 312 for maybe 3 days and sold it….they are just weird and screwy on the wrist (to me)….but if others love 'em--cool!

This one looks good in pix, but on the wrist--pass.

Got to agree on that mate.... I find that are just between both and really sit funny on the wrist... I had a gen for a bit..... but the lugs didnt reach around my wrists so the whole thing sat on my wrist and sat so high because of it.... it was like wearing a metal lump on my wrist - comfort wise that is..

I hear hot and cold about these watches.... they certainly seem to have built up a following....

The only 2 complaints I have heard of is the thickness and/or size of CB relative to gen (I guess that is to allow for plates maybe?) and the case shape at lugs plus cloudier crystal than ZF maker.... I have seen other pics of the 3 series PAMs and to me the CG always looks off in terms of the REGTM depth and thickness etc

But other guys seem to think this maker that does it for KW makes gen weighty feeling reps

Compared to the ZF maker you can see the main difference is in movement (painted jewels) and case and crystal plus IMHO CG

By the way what does GMT stand for? and why does it have a large and small seconds hands... I am confused :inverted:

I don't see any cloudy crystal on my KW351 !! So if you say that the ZF version is better, I would love to see that. ;)

Here's a picture, taken with the light from the worst posible position, please check ... (sorry for the dust) ;)

4WTRM0d.png

It is very hard to describe the term cloudy in reference to rep crystals compared to gen and your pic serves no purpose. The cloudiness is relative to the quality of the crystal in terms of it opacity.

Most rep crystals have it to varying degrees some more than others but for someone who does not know what to look for or indeed understand the issue itself then pointing it out in a head on pic is not going to show you what it refers to.

It is the same when looking at distortion on a rep crystal most guys only think of an example like the Fiddy but all gen crystals have a distinct distortion created by the Plano grinding of the sapphire.

The cloudiness appears within that distortion so unlike comparing it to say a dirty window you cannot do it or see it in that sort of pic though it does highlight other issues like cutouts and berlac, hands etc plus as you know already the CP

It might help if you checked some threads that discuss these issues in depth and hopefully you might get a chance to see the issue in your hand and be able to judge the various levels of quality associated with rep crystals when compared to gen. That way you maybe able to understand the terms and the discussion rather than just making those sort of attitudinal comments. ;)

:)

Sorry, but I would love to know what to look for ... ? To me the crystal looks very clear from all sorts of angles, and in all sorts of light.

If it's that hard to see/explain, then mayby the problem is not that big after all? ;)

Mayby I should buy the ZF version just to see what you mean, but then again, this has also many faults, as it's also a rep. ;)

Mayby I should get the Gen. ? NOT ;)

Anyway, thanks for showing me some of the faults on these Panerai reps. :)

You know your stuff, - nice!

Cheers