When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new AP Diver - Photo fun!

panerai153

I just got in a new watch yesterday, AP Forged Carbon Diver. Brand new from another great member here who did a C&R. At any rate, I was taking some photos last night, thought you might like to see them. Actually I was trying to do some serious photos, and somehow I hit the wrong button, or combo of buttons, and the camera shifted into "photo effects" mode. I was just merrily snapping away, and didn't realize what happened until I downloaded the photos and looked at them on my computer. I was a little PO'ed  at first, because  of what  I did, I would need to go back and redo the photos. Well, I realized, sometimes we are a little too anal about our watches here, and maybe we need to loosen up some!!

It's a cold gloomy Saturday here, and I'm on call as well, so anything to brighten the day !! :clown:

Here is my new AP Forged Carbon V3

post-327-0-25074300-1385220789_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-86232700-1385220811_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-92675700-1385220769_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for that...I thought my eyes had gone...I just spent last 5 minutes checking my eyes and trying on my wifes glasses !! :)

Maybe if I stare at it long enough i might see something else :)

I want to ask but I am not sure I would understand the answer ... :)

Actually, it was and accident, somehow I went from normal "photo effects" off to "watercolor effect" without realizing it. had I been looking at each after  I took it, I would have noticed it on the first one, but I took abiout 5-6 shots and then looked and realized what happened!!

Here is a wristie that I took a few minutes after  I discovered the "special effects" and turned them off!!

post-327-0-98164400-1385269187_thumb.jpg

Beautiful watch mate! Wear it in good health :) The pictures are very nice but I would't use the blurr effect, it's a great setting for a diving watch! :snorkel:
Thanks, Actually I didn't realize the special effects were on. I am going to redo those photos with the camera on normal setting. I'm very pleased with this watch. First AP. I looked it over with a 4X loupe, and I'm amazed at how nice everything is put together! The screw @ 20 is a tad lower, but doesn't bother me that much. I plan on sending it to Vac at some point for a movement transplant. I have new ETA 2824 as well as a NOS 2846 for the transplant. I'll have him even out the screws at that time. Also, I ran it through my pressure tester yesterday, passed 5 atmos.