When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Waterproof/Pressure Testing in Singapore?

gsiguy

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly noob in this forum but i have been doing searches, on the forum and on the 'net, looking for someone in Singapore who can test the waterproofing claims of certain reps, but without any result.

You see, i have some reps coming to me and i would like to be able to swim with them.  For peace of mind, i'd really like to make sure they are waterproof (at least in a swimming pool).

I know it's a tad sensistive to reveal watchsmith shops that work with reps on the forum (same reason i don't start calling local watchsmiths up and asking if they would test my rep), so if anyone knows a rep-friendly watchsmith in Singapore who can do the waterproof/pressure test, i'd be ever so grateful if you could PM me!

Thanks!!

Im thinking of getting a pressure maybe next month. Probably I can offer it as a service to local members soon?

If you want one, give me a yell and I can arrange a VERY good price to get one shipped into Singapore.

Make sure you get the good version as there is one really bad tester around atm.

Offshore

Spinmaster is in Singapore and has that equipment, I'm just not sure if anyone has heard from him lately

spinmaster91@gmail.com

I tried contacting Spin on RWI but his inbox is full.  Looks like he's AWOL.  I'll try his email... Thanks!

Im thinking of getting a pressure maybe next month. Probably I can offer it as a service to local members soon?

Really? Wow! That's really nice of you! lemme know if you you're really setting up this service.

Ok, since i had a problem with a "1:1" BR03 Type Aviation (real disappointment!), i brought it down to a shop mentioned in RWI forum once and struck up a conversation.  He's working out or temporary premises for now but says that once he gets back to his old shop location, he'll set up his waterproof tester thingamajik.  That should be 6 months from now.  So maybe no swimming with the watches for now...

He outsources any 7750 movement work, and says local smiths are abit "hit-and-miss" for this movement.  He said he may consider sending movements overseas for servicing.  Don't know if he's proficient with other movements but i notice he does carry alot of movements and parts.

Well, anyway, if you need some basic work done cheap with a rep friendly 'smith, then PM me and i'll give you his contact.

Edited by gsiguy
  • Like 1

Ok, since i had a problem with a "1:1" BR03 Type Aviation (real disappointment!), i brought it down to a shop mentioned in RWI forum once and struck up a conversation.  He's working out or temporary premises for now but says that once he gets back to his old shop location, he'll set up his waterproof tester thingamajik.  That should be 6 months from now.  So maybe no swimming with the watches for now...

He outsources any 7750 movement work, and says local smiths are abit "hit-and-miss" for this movement.  He said he may consider sending movements overseas for servicing.  Don't know if he's proficient with other movements but i notice he does carry alot of movements and parts.

Well, anyway, if you need some basic work done cheap with a rep friendly 'smith, then PM me and i'll give you his contact.

Thats good to hear mate...that you are striking out and willing to share :) Appreciate it :)

With Spin mate...be a little more patient mate... especially at this time of year.... you can imagine how many emails he gets...and how many time wasters...then other issues that email can generate..going to spam folders... etc plus on top of that work load...personal life... etc etc He may even have posted somewhere or someone posted for him that he wont be getting abck into till x date etc :)

I am sure he will reply ... I normally wait a week maybe longer to get a reply then if not I just resend it rather than spend a few lines saying how I had already tried contacting..it can come across wrong and isnt really relevant... ;)

Give him a few more days mate... and you will be swimming in no time :) :)

• Like 1

Thats good to hear mate...that you are striking out and willing to share :) Appreciate it :)

With Spin mate...be a little more patient mate... especially at this time of year.... you can imagine how many emails he gets...and how many time wasters...then other issues that email can generate..going to spam folders... etc plus on top of that work load...personal life... etc etc He may even have posted somewhere or someone posted for him that he wont be getting abck into till x date etc :)

I am sure he will reply ... I normally wait a week maybe longer to get a reply then if not I just resend it rather than spend a few lines saying how I had already tried contacting..it can come across wrong and isnt really relevant... ;)

Give him a few more days mate... and you will be swimming in no time :) :)

Yeah, I'll take that approach with spin. I have to say I have had no luck with JJ though. Sent email and pm on rwi more than a week ago, and then pm'd him here but still no response. But so long as cartel 1675 & 5512s are not going outta stock, I can wait.

Thanks, PeteM. You've been most supportive!