When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Patek 5980 Perfect Clones

AndyFors

I guess you want to see the dial texture better?

Overall its a nice looking OTB rep...there are a few flaws I can see like the DW and thickness plus hands maybe ..dial texture is hard to judge knowing how variable the pics on the site can be to the watch in your hand.. plus I nearly forgot ...superlume :) :)

Hopefully J or maybe A might have some QC pics soon in their sites sales thread to view and get a better idea...

I can accept those flaws..I think the only one that might bother me is if it looks to big on the wrist..in terms of height... as the gen always looks so sleak under a cuff.... :)

Here is one of them for reference of others :)

post-25577-0-95980800-1386085310_thumb.j

Thanks Pete,

Agree - its all about how it will look on the wrist, my main concerns are:

(i) Size - J saying 42*14mm, Patek 40.5*12.6mm [Note: Patek measure this one from 10-4 o'clock so that might account for the difference]

(ii) DW

(iii) Texture of the dial

(iv) Thickness of the bracelet (hopefully they will not use the one from non chrono versions0

(v) Clasp

I could probably live the "no functional chrono" and the incorrect caseback as long as the other parts are close to OK.

Cheers

I can definitely live with this!! Beauty!!

I want! Now! Right NOW! 

I need to go sell some organs or something.

EDIT : Looks very thick though

post-21269-0-91815400-1386088892_thumb.j

Source: http://www.eachdigital.com/2013/10/30/patek-philippe-nautilus-ref-59801a-fully-reviewed/

"The case diameter measures 44mm (including the ‘ears’), which is actually just 2mm larger than the ref. 5711. While the ref. 5980 measures 12.6mm in height, it feels more hefty and thicker than all other Nautilus models."

I never knew that about the measuring standard... thanks mate

I agree and yes you are right about worrying about the bracelet...I hope the same

I have found with these that your wrist seems to make a difference to how the watch looks compared to gen...so if say the rep is slightly bigger then if you ahve larger wrists than average that inaccuracy of size seems to be lost because of the biiger wrists..

if that makes sense

And IMHO its the same if you have a smaller wrist than average... again that very slight difference in size can make the rep size appear more.. if you know what I mean

If not I will shut up :)

The dial is really what we need to see..in daylight...to see that texture and that subdial finish...

I hope it will be as good OTB as those pics might suggest it could be overall... :)

But no matter I think it would be white for first choice.. :)

The size is a strange one, sometimes i find the difference in the "height" harder to ignore e.g. If its 43 vs.44. thats not a big issues, however if its 12 vs. 14. the watch might no longer will fit under your shirt.

Agree - white will also be my choice as I think they are more likely to get it right

We need some decent pictures!!!

In respect to the price and given the quality is ok, i think its fair. I would be worried if it was priced at 220.

I agree mate... size makes all the difference... I keep hearing that somewhere as well....outside this forum as well !!! ;) ;)

Hopefully see some soon on thier sites :) I keep checking ;)

I think prices are starting to come in higher on new stuff of late :(

I reckon 6 months ago this would have popped up for around $330-350...

But whether its a dealer decision or maker is always hard to tell.. as prices tend to stay pretty constant across dealers... and so many factors can influence who is taking what and why..

• 2 weeks later...

actually the fraud chrono doesn't bother me much cause i barely use it and can't tell whether it's functional or not on wrist, but the date window is tooo thick, which need put larger tolerance on that (and the case back is sightly thicker as well, as above said the gen is about 12.6, but the rep is about 14mm), but one good thing is the lume is superb.... so how to say, as the nautilous chrono v1, it's overall good but still need improvements though ...

DSC_6605_zps5d691869.jpg

DSC_6611-1_zps7cc1071e.jpg

• Like 1

other flaws are not noticeable like the thicker date window frame, like:

1. the top of the stack, the rep shows a white dot has not been decorated or what i call painted as gens

2. the rep crown protrudes out a bit than gens

3. also the hands frame is thicker than gens

4. central second chronograph is wider

5. and if you look very carefully, the brand logo show a little discrepancy too

the overall quality i guess is pretty much the same as 5711, and the dial is ratherly beautiful imho... and here is a movement pic, hope it will help

DSC_6617_zps0363488c.jpg