When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

super avenger franken tips needed

umairarif

Hi

I have decided to do a franken super avenger. I would like to know which rep version is the best to swap with gen dial and hands to start with. And also a rough idea what can be a good price for gen dial and hands for it? I have seen few dials on ebay around $130-160 and hands around $ 70. Other tips are most welcome.

cheers

cc33 what do you think.

I know nothing about breitling sorry. The dial looks better than the reps I've seen but the date window and markers look wrong/off to me vs the gens I've compared it to, so either a very high quality replica or maybe a gen but older version which had thinner metal surrounds on the 3-6-9 markers? I'm not sure..

post-38788-0-64266800-1386957072_thumb.j

post-38788-0-88325200-1386957086_thumb.j

post-38788-0-04661500-1386957097_thumb.j

post-38788-0-79852000-1386957632_thumb.j

Thanks, I did my best, someone else can take it from here. There's something funny about the window and 3-6-9 markers though.. They aren't supposed to be rounded in any way the gen has very sharp and flat lines, the markers too, they are supposed to be flat and thicker... The date windows left wall is crooked which is odd (breitling qc would have caught that you would think) funny thing is it is better than any rep dial I've seen by far so again very interesting case and either a great rep dial or an older gen dial that they phased out early.

there are other blue dials on ebay as  well and they dont have all these confusing things cc33 has mentioned above. they price difference is about $40-50. Also the seller of this dial which I have posted has a feed back score of 140 and the other seller is over 3000 feed backs and lots of watches and watch parts on sale. As doubts have been created I would scrap this dial and keep looking but would still like to keep this thread alive for just a bit comparison of these dials. 

Wish I had like the dials with arabic digits which are much cheaper though :(

post-57616-0-02817200-1386964815_thumb.j

Edited by umairarif

• 1 month later...