When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Camera and my little Rolex collection

panerai153

I got a new camera for Christmas, and I've been shooting a lot of photos trying to figure out all of the myriad settings and combinations. I took a couple of photos of my Rolex watches snuggled up nice and cozy in their case.

Just for info purposes, the camera is a Fujifilm X Pro1 with the 18-55 zoom lenses. First really nice camera I have owned in years. I've been shooting with basically upper end point and shoot cameras since my Canon 10D decided to develop a tendency to crash without warning!!  The thing I really like about the Fuji, it's small and light, very sophisticated sensor, interchangeable lenses, and is pretty retro looking, sort of like the film versions of the Leicas. Enough about cameras, on to the photo !!

Here is the collection

post-327-0-20004000-1388459334_thumb.jpg

Dbane, thanks for the critique!! Just learning the camera, this was a quick and dirty with only room light. I've got all the stuff to do good photos, big light tent, Gitzo tripod with a ball head, lights,most of this left over from the days of doing wildlife ( mostly waterfowl) and scenics. I just opened the top of the case and took a couple of photos. Better photos to follow. One of the reasons I got the X Pro1 was the extremely disappointing results I've gotten with my IPhone and various point and shoot cameras. They all take wonderful photos under ideal lighting conditions, but when the light is bad, too much backlighting, too dark, etc. the quality drops off dramatically. Sort of like back in the old days with film cameras, all things being equal, you could get a better photo with a 6x6 like a Hasselblad over a miniature like a Minox. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I were you, I'd get some primes for that bad boy. Starting with the 35mm F1.4. Its spectacular in low light. Enjoy.

Actually I believe the shots of the 6542 were either iPhone 5 or and Olympus Stylus. the biggest problem I have with using the iPhone /point and shoots are the size

and weight. they are so small and light, it's very difficult to hold them steady.

I'm going to get some of the prime lens, I was actually thinking about the 60mm as it is also a Macro, which would be good for watch photos, from the reviews, it looks like a pretty nice lens. I would like the 35mm 1.4 next as you said it's a super low light lens. I wish I could buy the whole kit at one time, but it's right after Christmas and I've also got tax time staring me in the face!!

Gloomy day today, might get out some of the lights and tripod and try to get some better shots of the watches.

There are three gens in the box. Can you tell which are gen?

Here are a couple of photos of the White GMT 6542

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1388381119.663195.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1388381151.809546.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the 6542 pics super watch  , Gen ? i would say at a guess the ceramic gmt , twotone sub , and black dial pepsi or gold date just ?

Thanks for the 6542 pics super watch  , Gen ? i would say at a guess the ceramic gmt , twotone sub , and black dial pepsi or gold date just ?

one for three!!

I'm gonna guess your tudor is gen, your Pepsi GMT, and ceramic GMT are gen

two for three!!

Here is a Lume shot you can see I like lume!!!

post-327-0-84161500-1388431984_thumb.jpg

• Like 1