When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex explorer I 36 mm - authentic?

haiyuanshi

Dear respected experts, Need you to help me check out this Rolex Ex 1. The problem seemed to be with the dial: 1. The markings are painted on instead of the normal raised markings 2. The arabic numerics seem rounded as opposed to the more squarish ones 3. It says swiss T<25 instead of swiss made.

I am however comparing this to the newer rolex Ex 1, which is the 39mm ones. But this is, of course the out of production 36mm. I don't have much to compare with, and there seem to be a few variations for this older (and dare I say, better) version. Please help! Thanks so much!

post-59824-0-26358500-1388713390_thumb.j

Edited by haiyuanshi

All Rolex Explorers had lugholes until 1994-1995.

I suggest you do a Google Image Search for "Rolex 1016" and compare these shots with your photo.  I could list the problems with this dial, but I don't think it would mean much until you're more familiar with this model of Explorer.

Alternatively, search for 1016 threads in this subforum to learn more.  If it's a modern 39mm Explorer that you really want, search under "214270".