When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix Prime Yachtmaster

millwright

From the pictures shown on the website, the Silix Prime Yachtmaster looks DAMN good.

If you're referring to this one click!

I really don't know where's the"WOW-thing" with it.

Looks exactly like all the others, offered by all the dealers.

Give it a try and use the "search" button.

You may find out that there's nearly nothing special around when it comes to YM reps.

There is - or has been - a pretty nice one from EL that was really close except for

the dial. I think that this is the best so far. All the others are WAY off. Including the

one you're talking about here.

The one of the best rolesium dials that I have seen is Andrew's "perfect" model. The applicaction of metal fleck is well done with no yellowing or discolortion as seen on some other offerings. The entire watch seems to be of better quality than most others. With it's better case, dial, nickel ETA movement, and tight fitting bezel (many other reps are known to have loose bezels), it is about as good a YM as you will find on the current market. This watch is a bit more expensive than the one that you are looking at but, the difference will justify the extra cost.

Edited by jdavis

The one of the best rolesium dials that I have seen is Andrew's "perfect" model. The applicaction of metal fleck is well done with no yellowing or discolortion as seen on some other offerings. The entire watch seems to be of better quality than most others. With it's better case, dial, nickel ETA movement, and tight fitting bezel (many other reps are known to have loose bezels), it is about as good a YM as you will find on the current market. This watch is a bit more expensive than the one that you are looking at but, the difference will justify the extra cost.

I don't see one on the Trusty Time site with a nickel plated ETA?

Mill:

I'm going by memory here, but there have been several discussions regarding the silver versus gold ETA 2836. There was an impression that the silver was higher quality....or the silver was actually assembled in Switzerland and the gold one in China...or...or...or. As I remember it, the color of the movement doesn't really reflect quality....so if the Trusty Yachty is the one you think looks best, get that one...don't winge over movement color. Others, please chime in if I've got it wrong.

BTW...I have the yachty from Sash (and i don't know what color the movement is), but it's really nice....I think It's the same as Andrews...

jeff