When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Random thoughts on low price Gen deals...

Uberscreamer

So, tonight I was just picking through a long list of e-mails from those 'Deal of the Day' watch sites that

I signed up for years ago when I was still collecting mostly mid-price Genuine watches (and have been forgetting to opt out from for a long while, hence the large list :notworthy:).   

Anyways, I came across one site that is having a sale on their stock of Swiss Legend watches, which for the most part I had never paid any attention to, save for a few glances.  Well tonight one in particular caught my attention, and it dawned on me just how much of a mutt this design really is, and how little original design goes into some of these watches...  So, which watch is it you ask?  This would be the almighty Trimix >>>   (Image borrowed from Google Images) IMG_0992.jpg

Now, when I had seen this model in the past, I immediately saw the Octagonal bezel and dial and thought AP RO Offshore chrono rip-off (with obvious quartz chrono dial layout), and proceeded to click delete, and slunk off to gaze at the next watch.  However, the more that I really looked at the watch tonight, the more design elements started to pop out at me.  The name 'Trimix' could not have been a complete oversight, could it?  The elements that make this watch really DO make it a mix of three very recognizable design houses from the mid to top tier of Swiss watch brands >> The bezel design from AP, the main case body, hour and minute hands design from Hublot, and the screw down crown cap and pushers from U-Boat!  

Though I know that all of us 'seasoned' veterans of the watch world have always been aware that these cheaper 'original' :inverted: brands rip off other more expensive designs, I was just surprised to see how far they are willing to go.  Starting to think that if these brands (SL, Invicta, Stuhrling original) had not started as early as they had (I know Invicta started as it's own legit company back in the 1800's), they may have found some decent success as rep factories, lol.  Oh well, guess Swiss Legend is just able to label themselves that way by copying other actual Swiss Legends, eh?

Lol, not really a plus or negative comment on the watch, more an over-inflated response to some observations.  Although now that you mention it, the font really does make me think a bit SeaWolf design there, doesn't it?  And on second look, the hands actually resemble a bit of a cross between the Hublot and the Breitling superocean.  Will this lunacy never end?!?!  :partytime:

Nice watch I own it!

Mike it's no surprise to hear that you own any watch, how many is it that you have in your collection? 1,000?

What I am surprised to hear is that you own it, remembered that you owned it, could find it and then took such good picture of it!

Edit: oh, and that it's still wrapped in plastic.... 1st step is recognizing that we have a problem... Haven't made it there yet, I'll let you know if I ever do!

I have no idea where it is lost a whole bunch downstairs in basement! :bangin: :bangin: Those are old pics in my computer, well not lost per say just do not remember where I put that bag of new watches in the box, big shopping bag by the way.......................... :partytime:

Ps Damn better go hunting my Squale is in there, brand new in the box of course!

You have a whole closet dedicated to watches Mike? Wow!

I like the way they have thought about people that tend to forget where the date window is by putting a big red arrow pointing to it!

LOL - I think if you start running out of space to store the watch packing boxes and bubble wrap, take it as a sign that you're buying & selling too much!

Of course I just ignore the sign and carry on... :D