When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"All is lost" – went gen again:)

Nightwatch

All is Lost - Robert Redford with blue Nato on SKX175 (SKX009)

Finally got around to see this great movie from one of my all-time favourite actors Robert Redford (Three Days of the Condor/ Spygame/Sneakers/Havana/The last Castle and many others).
Movie full of fast watch-action flashes: a Man, the Sea… and his watch. Thought it could be an IWC Aquatimer on a blue Nato – too expensive again, although it wasn´t…

http://watchesinmovies.info/tag/seiko/

and one clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MiQOQ-Vyabg

It´s a Seiko SKX175 divers, the US version of the same model SKX009.
While the SKX173 has squared markers, the SKX175 has rounded markers and is identical to the SKX009 except for all of the country of manufacture labelling. To me the markers still look square.

As I was going to order a day-date Steinhart alternative sometime from Creation Watches to EU anyway, just checked availability and got the last one (sold out now) on a jubilee bracelet for EUR 133,- shipped with DHL in 4 days – great price also! Really blown by the affordable price You can get a good-looking, true waterproof and lumibrite diver gen with fast shipping and in-house-built-movement.

This should arrive by Thu. and than hang in customs for another 3-4 weeks, estimate a 30%-35% tax and fees, let´s see the outcome.

SKX009J1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yy-wpE7aIc

These are the specs:

Seiko Automatic Diver SKX009K2 SKX009K SKX009. Take this Seiko Diver as technology housed in a fortress to withstand the bumpy sides of recreation. It’s stylishly rugged and bears the Seiko hallmarks allover; from the Hardlex crystal to the LumiBrite paint - to say the least, it shows being sophisticated is not against being strong and resilient. You can check that once down to 660 feet under water, if you must.Features:Type: DiversMovement: AutomaticCalibre: 7S26Crystal: HardlexDial: Dark BlueBezel: Red and blue unidirectional bezelCase: Stainless steelCase diameter: 42mmCase thickness: 13mmWater resistance: 200metersBracelet width: 22mmBracelet/Strap: Stainless steel bracelet - See more at: http://www.creationwatches.com/products/seiko-divers-60/seiko-automatic-divers-200m-jubilee-bracelet-skx009k2-skx009-712.html#sthash.43F8FRoU.dpuf

backdraws: no hand-winding, no hacking seconds, could gain/loose 20 secs a day

As all this was amazingly un-complicated and fast until now just wanted to share. Will keep You updated how this works out. Congrats for those of You who already have this, wouldn´t mine some more comments/pics/ infos/ reviews to increase the appetite:)

• Like 1

Nice Seiko diver! Seiko is one of the best low- middle priced diver on market, Seikos lume is supperb.

Only "bad" thin for me is Seiko`s mineral( ok Hardlex) glass, that is usually what keeps  stopping me for buying Seiko divers. There will be some ugly scratches sooner or later.

I did buy a gen cheap diver also, because as we know reps are not good for swimming, did receive it ~two day ago,  47mm "beast"...mesh bracelet will be added also soon. Not bad quality at all, but week lume. Glass is sapphire covered mineral, so it is quite clear and will not probably scratch easily. Prce was ~100 eur+ shipping 15 eur. Yes it is quartz, Ronda inside, but I don`t care, I am now buying mostly once again quartz watches...

orig_28559041_cnCs.jpg

Edited by sul

Short update: Incredibly in 60 hours after payment on Saturday this has already cleared customs, left the Capital-city and could have picked it up today afternoon, Monday 27th if I wanted to drive 40 km. This is quite a remote place and even Amazon takes 8-14 days to get here. Will be delivered tomorrow by DHL, already contacted them. Meanwhile being used to wait more time for the first QC-pics to arrive I almost can´t believe it, shipping was free and CNY going on, hope to get back tomorrow with a pic on my wrist by this time:)

Ok, the Seiko SKX009 ordered on Saturday 25.01. from Creation Watches arrived by DHL on Tuesday 28.01. at 10h27 (had spent the monday in customs EU, cleared tax-free:)). This was 80 hours from payment to doorstep. Sat-ordered-Sun-Mon-Tue arrived: This was a fantastic experience. The watch came well packaged in a (cardboard) Seiko Box with instruction manual. Very happy with this "Poor Man´s Marinemaster" itself. Worth more than each cent paid for it.

Removed the Seiko Jubilee bracelet (30 minutes because of the Seiko springbars, solid but without a grip to push them) and because even the smallest screwdriver doesn´t fit the links. Ordered some coloured Paul Hewitt Natos for this one anyway from Amazon UK also on Saturday but those didn´t arrive yet.... think a stitched Shark would go best with it.

Here´s one hyperflashed and fast photoshopped first pic:)

Seiko-1-uw800-L1050721.jpg