When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strange looking 1675 on the Bay

preacher62

Lions,You very well may be right. It does have some strange things about it. First off, I would never in a million years buy a Rolex anywhere besides a dealer without looking at the movement. Another thing, this watch is a mishmash of parts on the outside, so it is suspect to me. Interesting that a dealer that has a bunch of high end watches on Ebay would have a watch like this for sale, but I have heard that even the big dealers get caught on occasion. Positive on this deal is the seller has a good money back guarantee, so it's not like buying from someone with no sales history and no return.

Still. There are plenty of dealers who are not experts. I am not an expert, at least not on the 1675, but I have owned 2 gen 1675's and a few subs/datejusts and I have built and studied enough to know when something is wrong. That watch is wrong. No 2 ways about it. Mish mosh franken, whatever. It aint gen, and that case aint gen, period. Looks like a yuki case.

Look on Yuki's website and compare. Especially the cgs from the back. This is a brand-new, un-modded Yuki case.

It may still have a 1575 beating in its heart. If it doesn't then someone has balls big enough to come in a dumptruck.

Some of our members have built, virtually, the same watch. Thanks to you for not listing it on the bay for $6,400...even though you may have that much in it.

Lions, you're right on this one--definite franken case, so I'd bet the movement is a gen 1570 transplant. 

F.Castro, your rehaut is totally different.  All reheats look wokkier photographed close up, but step back a little further and shoot yours straight on, and your rehaut will NOT look ilke this one.  

This is a Yuki case.  No one else has a GMT case with sub-like swooping CGs with correct crown placement, and Yuki's cases are known for their wackiness.  This guy could be an honest victim of someone else's fraud, but this watch is still a high end rep, and so has no place on the open market.  It calls needless and negative attention to this otherwise honest hobby.  I suggest we all report it!

I honestly could care less if people sell frankens or watches with aftermarket parts or whatever. Just dont try to sell it as gen. And if you dont know what you're selling, find out

I agree with you 100% if you have a franken, it should be sold as a franken, not passed off as genuine. Even watches that started out as 100% genuine but have had aftermarket parts added, like bezel inserts, crystals, whatever, should be disclosed as such, and most reputable sellers try their best to make full disclosure. If you are in the business of selling high end watches , antiques, art, etc. business success depends on honesty and integrity. If you get the reputation of selling things that aren't as described, at some point it's going to severely impact your business. Like yo usaid, if the seller doesn't know that this is a replica watch, then he needs to do some research on vintage Rolex watches. What happens when he sells a watch like this to and individual and the buyer takes it to a Rolex Service Center to get the endlinks replaced or a new bracelet. they take the watch in to the back and a few minutes later come back and tell the guy, sorry sir your watch is a fake!! the only part of the watch that is genuine Rolex is the movement and the bracelet, and it's wrong for this watch. I promise you if I were the buyer and shelled out 6K for this watch, I would be seeking legal action against the seller as well as notifying eBay that the guy was selling rep Rolex as genuine. Sellers don't want bad reviews and negative feedback. A couple of negative feedbacks with "the seller sold me a fake Rolex that was confirmed by my local RSC" sure isn't going to help his reputation!!

Maybe he'll have a picture of the movement tomorrow.  Then we'll know exactly what it is.

Or...I could send him another message advising him that there are some problems with this watch...that at best it has some aftermarket parts installed...or, at worst, it is a purpose-built replica.  If he is an honorable seller it should disappear, at least, until he can check it out.