When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer II 16570

cambridgerwg

They were tough to find back in the old days (5 yrs ago or so) and they're tougher now with the arrival of the 116570,

The pre-2000 model you have pictured has an old tritium dial, lugholes and a 93150 bracelet w/ the hollow end links (580s would be correct, I believe).

Dials were the biggest challenge on these- the hour marker surrounds should be black on the 16570. The early noob cases would take a gen dial, but the later noob cases wouldn't.

Hand stack is typically incorrect, but most people don't worry about that.

I do love this older model and by far rather have this than the Noob version of the newer one - it´s too big. Use this a lot, also for the GMT function. Trusty and Toro used to have them, but You have to really look around, many come with silver hands, think pureti.me had them also in a correct handstack version but that had another flaw - can´t quite recall witch one.

Used it a lot on SS bracelet but the bracelet is weak/too light compared with other Rolexes, prefer it on a black leather croco now.

Here´s 2 pics

L1050248.jpg

and here on strap with Oefner Hatch´s fantastic desintegrating cars series

explL1f050740.jpg

I asked BK about this and he pointed me to these that Andrew has. These are the ones with the crooked 12 markers. As I understand they were the base for his Transformer watches. I bought two this year and one is now a transformer GMT with gen Pepsi insert and the other is a gen dialed 16570. These use gen construction and will take a gen spec bezel assembly, dial size and crystal.

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=9248

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I asked BK about this and he pointed me to these that Andrew has. These are the ones with the crooked 12 markers. As I understand they were the base for his Transformer watches. I bought two this year and one is now a transformer GMT with gen Pepsi insert and the other is a gen dialed 16570. These use gen construction and will take a gen spec bezel assembly, dial size and crystal.

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=9248

How many months ago did you bought them?! I'd like to order one too!!

Edited by MacTavish