When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement going backwards?

droptopman

Too late she is now is pieces :huh: but appreciate the help.  Getting ready to try Matt's suggestion not on the watch of course but on myself.  With that I can skip my morning coffee and cigar, should get me wide awake and ready for the day.  I did learn one thing.  I will probably need to send my watches out for service, I do not have the eyes, skilled hands or patience....   

Thanks jpz, may try that just for fun.  Watch is like new.  Think I paid $250 for that thing.  Impulse buy on vacation.  I wear a lot of the TB silk camp shirts so I bought 3 of those watches to wear with "resort wear" and sandals.  Of course long before I found this place.  Now only Rollies.  At the end of the day, I never really wore any of them.  Always wore my gen Sub or DJ

I once had a quarts digital watch.

After pulling to bits out of curiosity and putting it back together, the numbers were like an alien alphabet, they weren't numbers at all.

Rather than dismantle it and try to fix it, I could still see that the second digits were changing once a second, and the minutes once a minute, so knew it was just the digits garbled.

So I worked out what garbled number meant really, and once I knew that I could read the time, so I kept it and wore it for years.

I could tell the time as fast as reading a normal digital watch, it was fun when someone asked me for the time and I showed it to them :)

• Like 1

If you haven't figured out the reason is it could be from the rotor bridge. If that gets out of shape it could make the rotor go backwards rather then the normal way. I have seen this when working on the backwards goofy watch. If I switch the positions of the rotor bridge it will go forwards rather than backwards. That can possibly be your reason. If you dropped the watch hard enough to get that part out of shape. I have seen that once in the last 7 years. That this has occurred and it was on the same movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk