When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Datejust 16030 Smooth Bezel?

Big Dazza

So I am just about to plunge for a Rolex 16030 but want to swap the bezel for a smooth type. Couple of questions:

1. Where is the best place to buy a gen smooth bezel surround and for the best price?

2. Are the gen smooth bezels white gold or stainless?

3. Are they easily swapped over? Could I do it myself?

Thanks for the great tips and advice. Would it be wrong to put an aftermarket oyster bracelet on a 16030 datejust or should I try source a genuine one fro a reasonable price? Somethings telling me not to mix rep parts with a gen Rolex

Well, since you are already going to be mixing rep parts with a gen Rolex by using a non-stock bezel for your 16030, going with an oyster bracelet will just put you a little further away from period correctness (the gen would have an engine turned bezel and jubilee bracelet).

Don't get me wrong, even with gen DateJusts people are always mixing in pieces and parts, so it's not out of the question to do. I'm not immune either, my franken 16014 has a 16234 dial in it.

You can certainly go with a rep bracelet if you want. Gen would be better obviously, but the cost benefit is up to you (and the difference would be substantial).