When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2000 meter diver M 9015, $355.00

Another one that rates high n the bang for the buck meter,

219380479.jpg

219380482.jpg

Borealis Seafarer 2000m Automatic Diver Watch with Miyota 9015 Specifications:
  • Case Size: 44mm x 56mm
  • Screwed down crown
  • Flat Sapphire Crystal with A/R coating inside
  • 120 clicks unidirectional ceramic bezel with BGW9 lume applied to indexes
  • Made in Japan Citizen Miyota 9015 Automatic Movement
  • Automatic Helium Release Valve
  • 316L Stainless Steel Case
  • Lug Width: 24.00 mm
  • Water Resistance: 2000 meters
  • Case height: 17mm
  • 316L Stainless steel bracelet with precision adjustable buckle
  • Swiss Made BGW9 Superluminova applied to dial, watch hands and ceramic bezel
  • Screwed Case Back with engraved mermaid
  • 12 months warranty

Link:  http://www.borealiswatch.com/store/#!/~/product/category=6645472&id=33125977

But seriously guys if you read this post by my friend Paneria153 you will find I am the poster child for his reasoning. I can buy any rep I like to but just today if you look at my topics here three mid to low priced gens on the way. Of course you can counter I have tons of reps already but there are a few I like but do not have , a Sinn, an AP Panda, Black Bay (quality issues abound) but I allocated my funds here.

"Trust me, I feel the same way. With the prices of reps going up I find myself much more selective about the rep that I do buy. I also find myself buying more mid to moderately priced "gens". Steinhart, Raven, Oris, TagHeuer, RaymondWeil....

Not really hard, it just would cost money, due to hiring of and retaining experienced staff, due to cost of internal rejects, due to many other things. At the end on the day rep makers are all about making money and don't really give a flying fuck about the quality of their products, beyond a very minimalistic level that is to say.

This may be a big problem that the rep makers face eventually. While I doubt that there will ever be a lack of demand for "low end" reps that are sold at flea markets, sidewalk vendors, and back rooms in places like Canal Street,, the same might not be true of these that are approaching 1k for and out of box rep. When you get into that price point, especially considering that even with the 800 USD rep, it will still need some after market tweaking, you are beginning to compete with lots of really nice genuine watches. Considering that the price of the new FC ROO is almost 800 USD, and to this added shipping ,PayPal fees, and in some markets additional for "triangle" shipping, you are now looking at north of 900 USD for a rep. After it arrives, you realize that the AR isn't so good, and the  lume is lacking, and hey, that sec @ 12 movement probably should be serviced!! Now you tally all that up, and you are looking at another 400- 600 USD, depending on who does the work, and how much you have done. So now we have a 1300-1500 USD rep. With that in mind, I believe that for 1500 USD, you can get some really nice genuine watches, including some "name brand" watches if you are willing to buy something that is gently used. What have you gained from this, and what have you lost? Well, first the loss. It's not going to be a 25K watch, which the ROO rep is. So if you are buying because you are trying to impress someone. with your really expensive watch, this isn't the deal for you. If you aren't trying to impress anyone, but you truly love a particular brand, and want their watches and are not able or willing to spend 25K on a watch, then this also wouldn't interest you. I believe that for the most part most of the folks here fall into the latter category, they truly love Rolex, Patek,  Panerai, AP, etc. and want to own examples of the watches they love. Another group would be the  folks who buy a rep to "Try it on for size" so to speak, before going out to their local AD and spending their hard earned cash on a particular watch. All are perfectly valid arguments and will serve to keep the manufacturers building high end reps. So what are the gains from buying a gen? First off are all the things that the rep lacks, real QC, a genuine watch with box papers and a real warranty, a dealer and company that has customer service that hopefully will respond to your problems. Customer service is comprised of real people who you can actually contact and speak to about a problem. And lastly, these are watches that you can wear anywhere, into any AD in the world, have them repaired by any trained watchmaker, and lastly should you decide to sell the watch, you have multiple venues to sell.

Are the high end  reps going to go away? No, because there are always going to be folks who have the resources and desire to own these reps. However, if folks become selective and decide that 500 USD is their limit and this has and appreciable impact on the sales of these high end reps, I could foresee in the future, less "versions" being introduced. Instead of being on version 5 within a year or so, we might still be on version 1 or maybe 2. the manufacturers will only upgrade if the see a market for the upgraded versions. If the market is slim, the selections will be as well."

That is a lot of watch for 350. Bet the Lume really glows.

Unfortunately one of the ways Borealis keeps cost low is they're stenchy with the lume. On the Francis Drake (BlackBay homage) the lume is mismatching and is somewhat week.

This 2000m diver is an outstanding value, even if the lume is a bit weak. The comparison to say a Raven Deep 44 is startling. Same movement, similar dial (rolex homage) similar dimensions and based on my Francis Drake I'd say the build quality is good. So for two areas that are better (lume and build quality are better on the Raven) it will set you back almost $400 more (Raven went for about $700 new with a leather strap plus bracelet).

This is a great catch MOAB! Keep making me drool with all these finds!

Well guys what can I say, I'm a lume snob. I don't have a bedside alarm clock, use my iPhone for an alarm and wear a watch to bed to tell the time. So I prefer to have a well lumed watch for that reason. The Raven is one of my brightest, the easiest to read are my Pam's (don't wear my glasses to bed) :)

My wife "loves" how my matches make the entire bed glow.

:bangin:

Over kill on the water resistance yes but then again not much chance of a problem for my use swimming in the ocean this summer. :snorkel:

I just did inventory raffle time soon, been stocking up some great pieces. :inverted:

Oh I bought the wife 5 grand of new furniture last week so all good for me , at least for awhile............................ :bangin:

• 2 weeks later...

Well this arrived today will get some pics but the ones above are better than anything I could do.. Now to my impressions on this big boy, at 44x17 same size as a DSSD which I always hated on due to inadequate bracelet well not so here. Take a look above simliar feature to the glide-lock (the Borealis system is a joy I might like it better time will tell) but at 24mm it can carry this watch and yes it does add weight. (heavy guys) Ice cold right now gonna let it warm up to mess with just put on real quick and believe it or not I will have to take a few links out to make it fit. I do not recommed this watch for the small of wrist that is for sure but if you can carry a DSSD and want a bracelet that is the proper size (not that top heavy feel) this would work.