When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian Movements In Ladies Watches

cornerstone

Looking at some of the ladies watches available for sale, the ETA ones use the 2671-2, I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the Asian movements in ladies watches. Anyone know anything about them?

I know that the ETA 2671-2 has quite a low power reserve because its such a small movement, if it isn't worn all day, it needs rewound and the time reset the next morning.

How does the Asian movement fair in this regard?

Appreciate any help - it's a very hefty price jump from the Asian to the ETA movement in some of these watches, I could give two watches as gifts rather than one if you know what I mean (the case is exactly the same on some of them, only the movement differs).

Okay, a bit of detective work.... :cc_detective:

The movements are almost certainly going to be one of these puppies:

162871-11902.jpg

Name:

TY6D1KS(6112)

Type: TY6D1KS(6112)

Price:

Performance:

Ø:19.80mm H:6.15mm

23 Jewels/Auto/Date for ladies

162871-11903.jpg

Name:

TY6C1女装自动无历

Type: TY6C1

Price:

Performance:

女装自动无历快跳(另有镀金机芯)

Ø19.8mm

G=代表金色电镀

Shame they don't have pics of the other side of the movement. These movements appear in some of the ladies Rolex models being sold by the dealers here.

Anyone had any good, bad or indifferent experiences with them?

In the meantime, I shall keep digging.... :)

It's all a question of how much these wimmin mean to you whether you pony up for the Swiss eta or go Asian. So what's it gonna be?

JTB

Who said anything about wimmin? :lol: Tiny watches are the new Panerais!

...or the other option is to buy two Asians.... :yeah: One for her, one for me!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But, yes, that is exactly the problem. Head/wallet/sense over heart - this whole present-buying concept is a tough one.

It's all a question of how much these wimmin mean to you whether you pony up for the Swiss eta or go Asian.

I was thinking that too. Basically it comes down to nobody wanting to admit they scrimped when purchasing reps for their significant other (despite someone in here recently posting a picture of two hands lovingly clasped together travelling on an aircraft. The female wrist was sporting an Asian 21j 40mm PAM rep........)

I can't help you as just about every watch my missus has is quartz coz she prefers them that way....

How’s about you keep your money and get a crate of that stuff in your avatar.

Get stuck intae it and pretty soon you won’t be able to say Swiss ETA never mind bother about considering ordering one. Problem solved.

We aim to help

JTB

:notworthy: Yes, problem solved!!

These are genuine reviews of the whisky in the picture:

"Old-fashioned sticking plasters, herrings in a barrel; Lively, brine and limes, backed by delicate peat-reek; Lengthy and increasingly salty, with cereal 'new make' notes lingering."

AND

"Balancing biscuity/salted crackers crispness. Burning dry leaves, smoked fish. Ointment (Savlon) in taste and texture"

Savlon?!

To read between the lines:

A nicsh pint. Pours moschtly in the glaes. Not tae expenshive. And savlon, obvioushly. :drunk:

@rico - the wife got the ETA, this one's for the mistress :lol: Ach, quartz - more decisions....!

Alright, I'll bite...

Last winter I bought an Asian Yachtmaster for my wife. Fit and finish were excellent, except someone crossthreaded the caseback. If the watch was unworn for the afternoon and evening, it would need winding. Then, last month, the whole thing cratered. Because of the caseback, I couldn't get into it. I didn't even get 1 year out of it.

I have nothing against Asian autos. Most of mine are. This is the only one I had problems with.

Edited by miquel

Alright, I'll bite...

Last winter I bought an Asian Yachtmaster for my wife. Fit and finish were excellent, except someone crossthreaded the caseback. If the watch was unworn for the afternoon and evening, it would need winding. Then, last month, the whole thing cratered. Because of the caseback, I couldn't get into it. I didn't even get 1 year out of it.

I have nothing against Asian autos. Most of mine are. This is the only one I had problems with.

Thanks for this - appreciate it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The Ladies ETAs always seem to need winding too if they're not worn from morning until night, but at least when it worked it doesn't sound like this Asian Auto was too bad.

I have reached a decision....to procrastinate for a bit longer while I wait to find out how much shipping a box would be :rolleyes: