When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake on Ebay!"

Guest Schildking

I would like to know as well. Funny this bracelet has no markings at all, is that usual with the AP bracelets? also the endlink fit to the watch in the photo is terrible!! I doubt that a gen bracelet on a 25-35K watch would fit like that!! What other clues? Do the genuine bracelets come with all of that blue plastic film on them like this? I know all the reps do.

I do not remember the genuine offshore bracelet coming with the blue film  protective cover. I have viewed them at the service center before when I brought my watch for service. But I could be wrong about this detail.

That last picture in the series, showing the bracelet on the black themes, seems to me a to be highly dubious.

a. The watch picture is truncated. Background is just a uniform white. The picture looks lifted off the net. But if so, why pick a pic showing such bad fitting endlinks? Makes no sense

b. The number of links bracelet in the picture is not the same as the number of links on the other pics. Of cos, assuming that its the same bracelet, it could easily be resized to fit the wearer. Which means, that the blue film in the other pictures, which are put there to suggest that the bracelet is unworn, becomes a deliberate attempt to mislead the buyer.

c. Yes endlink fit is terrible. But I have seen imperfect fitting on a genuine bracelet/gen watch combination. Perhaps there is a batch difference?

I would not buy the bracelet as genuine. Seller has a few negative feedback arising from product misrepresentation. Offer $75 for it if you want to buy it (docthor, look here :lol:)

It is very highly unlikely that this is a genuine offshore bracelet. This bracelet is as real as Britney Spear's live singing talent.   

Hi G,
They offer these because EBAy is filled with people who are either completely ignorant of what they are buying, believing that if the seller says it's "real" then it must be, or the other segment of buyers who are the people who have  a little knowledge, but are blinded by greed. they want something, and they see it at a "bargain" price, they think that the seller is either 1) Stupid and doesn't know what he has, or 2) He is desperate and needs to move something quickly, maybe it's hot, the guy has a gambling debt, divorce, you name it!! Of course the sellers love both of these types because neither is going to do his due diligence and ask questions about the authenticity of the item. Another thing, I believe that people feel like with EBays "Buyer Protection" plan will protect them if and item turns out to be a fake, they can get their money back. Problem is this doesn't always work, and often it's months before a buyer discovers the fake. By now it's too late.