When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Long Hour Hand For Vintage Subs?

ceejay

Do you have to buy the entire hand set or can you just buy the hour hand from him?  My first attempt at a big crown is going to be a 6538 but I might try a 6200 later on, which would then require the long hour hand. 

Although, I just saw some great pics from Hodinkee and VRF of several 6200s all lined up next to each other and there were some with long hour hands and some with short hour hands like the other variations of the sub.  Would the short hour hands be service replacement hands or did they put out some with long and some with short at the tail end of production for this model as they got ready to retire it and release the 6536 and 6538?

I have no idea but he's easy to deal with. Maybe we can have him make a batch and anyone who wants can take advantage.

Imo all 6200's came with the extra long hour hand, If you see one with the shorter hand it was replaced at a later date.

• 3 weeks later...

*UPDATE*

I have communicated with Michael and this is how it go''s...

$1000 tooling charge

30 sets min order @ $65 

So, $99 per hand without shipping.

Feasibility & thoughts guys?

Group buy between a few forums?

*UPDATE2*

This price is for the set of 3 hands. Long hour hand, Minute hand & the Lolipop seconds hand.

I have requested to fit the DG2813 movement, whether others can be incorporated I don't know?

Discuss...

These aren't new hands, right? He's made them before? From my limited experience with production, isn't tooling a one time expense that is paid upfront? If he has already produced these same hands in the past, then that tooling expense was already incurred back then and has already been paid for. Why is it being charged again?

Are you saying each hand is going to cost $99 or are you saying we can buy a complete set of 3 hands for $65 total? Just clarifying. :)

I haven't seen a rep long hour hand before and don't know if he has ever made them before?

The price at the moment is $99 for a set of 3 long hour, minute & seconds. But we know 2 of those are readily available so I am going back to him to see how much just the hour hand would be.

Not a tremendous amount of interest at the moment though.