When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Bang

blacktrump

I'm thinking if purchasing the hubolt Big Bang, it looks at first glance like a beautiful piece. Are the reps any good? And if so I'm looking for a seller who is reasonable. Tried contacting BK but no response yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello.

The Hublot Big Bangs V6 are the closest you can get to gen (>95% accuracy on wrist in my humble opinion). You can get them off most dealers here, but not BK the rolex modder. Why would you contact BK for an Hublot? :D

I bought many other brands other than Rolex from bk. namely Pam 111 and an AP. So it's not that strange. Also can u recommend a good seller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please pardon me then, its my limited knowledge that led me to think that BK does Rolex and not a lot more. ;)

You can try http://www.p-cls.com/aroxia-bang-evolution-best-editions-c-317_481.html  :D

The Hublot Big Bangs V6 are the closest you can get to gen (>95% accuracy on wrist in my humble opinion).

Just watch the 6:00 subdial. Some models have the wrong number of little "ticks" in-between the larger markers (4, the correct number is 3). It sounds like a small thing, but on a watch that has basically no other flaws on the top side it stands out.

Just watch the 6:00 subdial. Some models have the wrong number of little "ticks" in-between the larger markers (4, the correct number is 3). It sounds like a small thing, but on a watch that has basically no other flaws on the top side it stands out.

Yes you're correct. The ones with the carbon fiber dials have the correct 6 o'clock subdials and the "matte" dials have the wrong ones.

I just remembered one thing: is the size of the rep correct? I saw some gens at the AD and they look bigger somehow...hmmm

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

One of the guys who is into AP's has been telling me about the Hublot watches, he's telling me that they have far fewer flaws than the AP ROO's. Really haven't seen many that "float my boat" but I would be interested to know as well what some of you guys think about them. I know that we don't have a formal Hublot forum here, so info is probably scattered around some.

I just remembered one thing: is the size of the rep correct? I saw some gens at the AD and they look bigger somehow...hmmm

I just measured mine. 10:00 - 4:00, not counting the chrono pusher, is 45mm.

They do make 48mm models. Could that be it...?

I just measured mine. 10:00 - 4:00, not counting the chrono pusher, is 45mm.

They do make 48mm models. Could that be it...?

Well I think the 48mm model is the Big Bang King right?

I was talking about the Big Bang Chrono 44mm (44.5mm according to some ad copies)

The ones I saw on display seem to be "bigger" (parenthesis used because I was unsure) than the rep version. I could be wrong of course.. 

A Big Bang is an unnumbered bezel with chrono dials, tourbillon, skeleton....It comes in Evolution or Arabic dials ( ie batons or numbers) I am not aware of any in 48 except rep fantasy models

The Big Bang King is a 'diver' watch ie it has a marked bezel that rotates for diving purposes ... It is available in 45 and 48 and generally is an evo dial

Then you have King Power which is 48 and has a fixed bezel with varying complications , chrono, rattropante, minute alarm etc

Then you have the Ferrari style which is 45

And the newer QR models that are unico movement (not repped) and of course the Fusions the ladies sizes and the LEs and Tutti's etc

Rep Makers vary and flaws etc vary too.... V6 is from the Tag maker and they make some of the better Big Bang models but it is model dependent then there is the H maker... Again they make some models that are better especially CF models... Though H movements aren't great overall...

Flaws vary from bezel knurling (that's across all models and makers and an easy tell on the wrist) then you get AR variations, hand size variations, screws, height of crystal, overall finish of the dial including sub dial position and size/depth etc etc

It all depends on the rep model and the maker dictates the flaws...

General the V6 is considered generally the better versions but there are some models that are not as good...

For me apart from the knurling, crystal, AR etc that can be spotted on the wrist... The biggest tell is the finishing especially the way the dial markers reflect in the light especially indoors... There is a look in the finish the gen has that the reps don't recreate ... But to spot that you would have to know Hublots... As I say that's just me ;)

Now please understand I am writing a very general post here... There is far more in the details, history, models etc..... But if I did all that I would be typing till tomorrow :)

• Like 1