When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO GMT Help?

pcardoza

I found the answer!   Date-wheel backward!    Should have searched further before posting.   :-(

Hi All,

I have this PO GMT, received from Andrew a couple of weeks ago.   My only issue is that the GMT hand is 2hrs ahead and I cannot for the life of me figure out if there's a way to set it properly?   It definitely does not work as a gen, with the two position pull out crown, where one would only adjust the hour hand.   Is this something I have to live with on this rep or am I missing something.   Being a noob, I'm not up to opening up the case and fiddling with it at this point.   Here's a link to the watch and a photo:

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=11543

post-62145-0-21895900-1397647768_thumb.j

Well, I thought I had everything figured out on this watch, but it has bigger problems.    The GMT hand rarely moves now.   And after 5 days on the winder, I grabbed it this morning the whole thing was two days slow.   Other than the GMT hand, it seems to be keeping time this morning, since I put it on.   I would guess that Andrew would take it back for an exchange, but that's kind of my last resort.    With the 2836-2, am I better off trying to find a local watch service to take a look at it?   The watch looks amazing, so I definitely don't want to give up on it.   I've yet to even open up one of my watches, so tinkering with it is way over my head at this point.   

Any experienced advice would be welcomed with open arms!  Thanks for reading.

Paul C

IF memory serves me right, the GMT hand is set to move at half the speed of the hour hand and you use the OUTER bezel 24 hour markings to read the time

also to set the GMT hand you pull the crown out to the first position where you generally set the date and and turn it the other way. Be sure to do it when the hour/minute hands are at an even keel - 5 o clock, 6 o clock, 7 o clock, etc

Thanks.   I do know how its supposed to work, but it doesn't.   Sometimes, the GMT hand does not move for hours, then starts moving again.

IF memory serves me right, the GMT hand is set to move at half the speed of the hour hand and you use the OUTER bezel 24 hour markings to read the time

also to set the GMT hand you pull the crown out to the first position where you generally set the date and and turn it the other way. Be sure to do it when the hour/minute hands are at an even keel - 5 o clock, 6 o clock, 7 o clock, etc

First port of call is Andrew, give him the chance to rectify the problem. If this is a now go, get yourself a 2893-2 and drop that in, it's a bit extreme but it's the best GMT movement out there !.

• 4 months later...

Keep us updated. I got my GMT with Swiss ETA 2836. Wore it for 2 days in a row, put it down for about 18 hours only to come back and found that it stopped. I wore it for another day (a lot of movement that day) and put it down to see how long it last.

Also, do you have an issue with the numbers on the bezel rubbing off?