When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Black Bay Blue?

Big Dazza

The blue rep with silvery hands has been confirmed, will be released together with the V2 of the red. Just hoping they get that vintage blue right. Additional rep-version (even ahead of gen) will have the black bezel. The red is one of my alltime favourite watches, rep or gen, very easy to wear anywhere without the Rolex-stigma (love my Rolexes as well, but just for the right occasion and place).

• Like 1

Yes, the blue is in the works according to Angus from Puretime over at RG. Also the maker is making a TBB Black, black bezel and black crown insert. The price hasn't been released yet so I don't know where $459 came from. Angus said the price should be close to the original price. Regardless of the color.   

Gen for $437 including VAT and shipped within EU - and it´s 1500m waterresistant with warranty - will have to get this one, looks better with the square dots for a change as I have the red BB rep anyway: Borealis Sea Hawk 1500m Automatic Diver Watch with Seiko NH36 / 4R36

221806726.jpg

The Seiko NH36 (OEM version of Seiko 4R36) is manufactured by SII and it is an automatic movement with 24 jewels and 21600 bph. It is a very reliable and robust movement manufactured by Seiko featuring quick date correction and hacking seconds.

The Borealis Sea Hawk Automatic NH36 Movement Diver Watch is expected to be available around August/September 2014.

Specifications:
•Case Size: 42mm x 50mm
•Screwed down crown
•Double Domed Sapphire Crystal with A/R coating inside
•120 clicks unidirectional ceramic bezel with BGW9 lume applied to indexes
•Seiko NH36 / 4R36 Automatic Movement
•Automatic Helium Release Valve
•316L Stainless Steel Case
•Lug Width: 22.00 mm
•Water Resistance: 1500 meters
•Case height: 15.9 mm
•316L Stainless steel bracelet with precision adjustable buckle
•Swiss Made BGW9 Superluminova applied to dial, watch hands and ceramic bezel
•Screwed Case Back with engraved mermaid
•12 months warranty

Lets hope he brings back the engraved movement plates too!

I don't think they will but I hope they eventually do make them again. I was in on the pre-order of the BB so I have them and love the engraved plates. But before he (Angus) got the second BB batch he said that engraved plates were limited and very hard to get. Assuming he's taking about the factory that was making the plates. So I'm assuming again that most likely not until a new factory makes them or the current factory has more available.

Do I have something rare? :)

Nice to know, thought by now all came like that, not only the first ones. It´s a very good one anyway, good time keeping, good crown, good pearl - happy:) Became my most used watch. Only the bomberjacket strap ordered from overseas on the 18th past month isn´t in yet.

Tudorback1024IMG_2500.jpg

• 1 month later...