When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 6234 on eBay

davids100

Actually the watch doesn't look too bad.

The movement is ok and yes it has a 5 line chrono bridge, but that could be a later replacement. Other good things are the ROW on the balance bridge- stands for Rolex Werks, the screw in the coupling clutch bridge indicates it's early. The 72 with the Valjoux trademark insignia is fine- these are V72 movements that Rolex used. Movement is anchored to the case in the correct Rolex positions. I have no problems with the movement whatsoever.

The dial is an obvious replacement- it's a 6239 dial. Don't know if this was done by Rolex. If the dial and 5 line bridge are Rolex service parts, the watch is 100%.

I couldn't tell from the pic, but the engraving at 12 must say 6234 which is consistent with the movement.

Bracelet is 78350 w/ 571 ends- ok for a later replacement.

the big question would be do you want to pay $20K for a watch with some updated parts. I certainly think it has a base value of $15K, IMO.

I'm with alligoat. Lots of updated and mismatched bits, but I'm not convinced that this listing is a deception.

Also, I just don't know enough about the particulars of the 6234. All of my reference materials begin with the 6238--similar, but not quite the same.