When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Considering a watch from a non TD

Manny007

Good Morning Fellow Members,

I've been looking for a decent Cartier Santos Galbee Rep and the TD's on this site and a few other forums do not seem to have any.

I stumbled across a site called 'Times Copy' and they seem to have a fairly decent one on there.

I just wanted to know if anyone out there has dealt with them before as I obviously do not wish to be scammed.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Manny

xpletive, what should I have learned then?

Makes sense Mike on a bike, thanks for the advice, I will take it into consideration.

Lovely looking watch cromag, although I was looking for an all stainless version. Where was that Galbee sourced from?

I wouldn't fall for that old trick Jkay, thanks for the heads up anyhow. The thing is with these forums is that members always assume if someone isn't a TD it's a scam. I have dealt with about three other rep sites that are not TD and I received my order with no hassle. Unfortunately there are people out there who have been scammed, so some might say it's a hit or miss type thing.

Lovely looking watch cromag, although I was looking for an all stainless version. Where was that Galbee sourced from?

Sorry to tell you this but I just pulled that gen from some website. I can get and all stainless steel one if you want ;)

If it's a proven fact that one can get a Rep that they see on a TD site here, why wouldn't you do that instead of taking a chance of throwing away a couple hundo?

Yes, some are not always a scam, but why risk it? Is your money not hard-earned? Can you just burn $$$ in a fire and not care? More power to ya, but I usually want to get what I order and not some brown-bag mystery gift.

• Like 1

xpletive, I totally understand where you are coming from. I specifically wanted that model I saw on the non TD site as it would have made a good franken due to the accurate markings. But I have decided to play it safe as I cannot afford to take that risk at the moment. Also I could probably find a gen Galbee for around $1000 anyhow, so I have put that potential project on hold at this stage.

A GZ based dealer can get you pretty much any decent rep provided they're still available or is actually repped at all.

I often browse non-TD sites to find stuff that may not appear on our TD websites, or if I want to see different photos of a particular rep, but there's absolutely 0 reasons why you would want to buy from them. If you spot something you like, it's all a matter of emailing your TD with a photo of what you want and they'll tell you what they can do.

zero_deficit, we are obviously on the same page, I usually browse the non TD for similar reasons. I never thought to email them to see if they can source me anything other than what is on their site. I will give it a go in the future.

Many Thanks