When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ipcress

A few I've purchased from Toro over the years.

7ed4a229-6c13-440d-b397-3ff4a7c0ba94.jpg

46de57da-f10c-4bf8-8b81-94a2fab3a80a.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

What can I say, I like Omega :thumbs:

More than very nice - thanks for showing. BTW, who's 'Toro'..?

Kind Rgds

Edited by Ipcress

The OP sounds like someone who bought a watch from one of those AAAA+ Rolex reps , made in Switzerland, etc,etc,etc. beautiful photos, unfortunately they are a genuine watch, probably stolen from someone's website. Paid a big price and received a cheap Canal Street rep.

Most all of us who have been around for a while have seen these rip off sites, and unless you are able to read between the lines, and realize that the dealer is a scammer, and the "forum" is just a bunch of shills posting about the wonderful watch they bought. Nary a negative post, no one saying, "the watch I received was not even close to what I saw on the dealers website" simply because the dealer is either creating the posts, or deleting ever negative one.not the case here. As long as you stay civil, you are free to complain or criticize any transaction with a dealer here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that a fact, in which case I'll stick around a bit longer then.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Kind Rgds

GOOD MORNING

IN THE FIRST Instant I would like to thank people who took the time and trouble to reply to my post including those thinking they'd posted clever ones...one in particular and will get there later(so much to learn, LOL!).

And okay, I think I'm beginning to understand what this site is about now which is more like a private online Gentlemans Club for Horologists rather than a sales corner pitch for vendors and any sidekicks. Consequently I'm warming to it and will stay a bit longer if I may, and this is because of my gen. interest in watches since knee high, which wained with time due to priorities blah blah, but has now returned. Likewise Reps. - but not necessarily for the obvious reasons ie I'd like a 'rea Wolex' but can't afford one?! In fact I was tempted to walk into the dealer and get the Milgauss I was so enamoured with but something stopped me and it wasn't so much the money and what else I could do with it, it was something far far more important. And that's where I get to one of the comments posted here...the so clued-up 'gent' who checks out peoples 'interests' and spouts forth to the world and his dog about that which he knows and appreciates so little - if indeed anything at all.

Before I go on here, I will be ordering today but you guys have presented me with a slight problem in that having overcome my initial skeptisisms about the watches and vendors, there are just so many nice pieces I'd like and choosing just one as a tryout will be hard. Buy hey, life is full of major decisions like this so I'll just have to ride it I suppose... And that should answer any 'troll' accusations I think.

Anyhow, my 'interests' do extend beyond watches, gen and Reps. and no I don't mean the golf course and birds either, but instead to matters which I do indeed outline in 'interests' as highlighted by a smarta45e or two here, I just thought a bit of honesty and sincerity to open an account with would be good, and seeing as I was looking for top Reps. for a very specific reason to do with my 'interests', well why not post it.

As some my begin to pick up on I like to get to the nub ASAP and spare the timewasting and wasters, this goes for most things, Reps and 'interests' alike. And that's where the two meet as never in the history of the modern world have so many people been so fooled by so few. If you need truth then follow the evidence and it will take you there - see Dr Judy Wood for that, but please don't come screaming for mummy if you cannot handle the truth she exposes and wish to revert to the nevernever lala land of OfficialDum, because that's where most people live on those 'interests'.

Now we get to my Rep. watch or watches depending upon how the first one goes. My Rep. will be 'A Special One' that will have added lettering on the dial and/or rear but I need to find someone to do that for me. That's not easy as I'd like it in red and just where the Rolex 'reds' have their red lettering, but hopefully I can source a skilled watchman to do that, maybe here, who knows.

Now, hopefully you all will be much aware of the GeoPolitical situation between the major world powers as that's what is helping shape your lives as much as mine. The thing is I don't much care for it, and especially not after 9/11 which reaches further and wider into our lives than anybody could possibly imagine. And even if you're thinking 'well, it was an inside job we ALL know that, they blew them up, didn't they but so what?'..... well no, not so what. That was fake too, or rather what I should say that was 'faked' and in more ways than you'll ever know and understand, unless you go seek out Judy's work, study it hard and take time to piece it together. Normally it will take people months if not years as it did me so count yourselves lucky I'm giving you direction to short cut that.

Back to the GeoPolitical wars going on around us, well they've been upped pretty much everywhere but this post is long enough already so we'll leave that, tho' leaving just a final thought on it and my Rep. watch (that's if anybody is going to be willing to sell me one now of course..?!) - if there was 9/11 as per the Official Report and accepted by all Western Goverments complete with pernicious legislation, invasions and wars all over the place - then there ARE no Reps. they likewise are as good as 9/11 Official Fact Books are, and they can't have it both ways.

Food for thought I hope - feel free to shout and holler, but only after researching properly, please.

Now I did say I was ordering today so I must get on and do it. It must be Top Spec, have Swiss ETA, good glass etc, which might rule out the Milgauss now as someone has posted in reply (thank you) that the green glass doesn't cut the mustard.

This is a good site very much like it, well designed, nicely laid out and it serves a good purpose as an online Gentlemans Horologists / Enthusiasts / Hobbyists Club offering great advice, tips, links etc and a bit of fun along the way too.

Have a nice day!

The issues in your original post? It's not a problem, you should have to worry about on a board like this, lets just finish off your post with that thought, it's a good community and I find we look after each other rather well despite being new myself advice given here has been beyond a mere value.

It is actually much more fun buying a rep here than going into a store as it is "almost" bespoke built for you, you get so much more choice and control than buying a "brand X" with a "type Y" movement and a "Z" bracelet.

When you see one post a link everyone will honestly critique it and advise.

Most definitely agree, tho' for me it goes further than 'much more fun'. We have been bombarded with fakery and replicas in a multitude of almost unimaginable ways and means, so in my book a Rep. watch of quality if its one thing its 'touche' in the eye to those fakers.

Searching and trying to decide now ...

F#$% Me we've got a right one here. There is a section for OFF topic rants  and this is RWG  where the W stands for Watches,  not "Wanky Theories" on other stuff 

Nothings 'off topic' here if your eyes weren't wide shut, its just a wider topic than you can imagine but in most peoples cases just limited because they want it to be.

And if thats all too much for you and your comfort zone, just continue sleeping then, nobody's bothering you and neither will the truth - you clearly don't have motivation to look any further despite the lead, no need or room for it.

Sweet dreams as long as they last.

Kind Rgds

Now get to the point, and just tell specific what model you want.

Maybe you get some help.

Hi,

I'm looking at several as I like too many of them; Milgauss black, Deep Sea, Classic Divers '1950s'.

Problem I see with Milgauss is the hands luminous insert varies too much from Gen. - particularly on the hour hand. Then the hour marker corners are not sharp and square enough on Trusted Dealer site, others on the site are much better 'tho.

..So still looking.

Thanks for your reply.

Kind Rgds

Ok simple you want a genlike watch.
Go to the section of TC and get his submariner 16610
No fancy website just the best in that model
Do some reading on TC submariner.
Just my 2 cents to start you off in a good way.

Edited by sardonix

Ok simple you want a genlike watch.

Go to the section of TC and get his submariner 16610

No fancy website just the best in that model

Do some reading on TC submariner.

Just my 2 cents to start you off in a good way.

Thanks for that. Now, I know Tor, Andrew of TT and PC, but not TC...

I'm more 'vintage' like the Sea Dweller Red on TT ..

ROLVIN002 - Rolex Vintage Sea-Dweller DRSD #1665 - Swiss ETA http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_103&products_id=564&zenid=2cb18314cc62e39839ef647d052b1aa6

Appreciate suggestion anyway.

Judy Wood is just one of many.. I am quite familiar with the evidence (in particular the "squibs", horizontal ejection rates, etc.).  But to be frank, I think it's a loose connection to reference 9/11(irrelevant to this conversation, but I lost many friends at Cantor) or other New World Order conjectures when looking for advice on which TD to select.

There is a time and place for that.  Like you said yourself, the reasons why you want to buy a rep watch are your own.  Your choices so far have spread across the entire spectrum of modern and old.   Focus on one segment first, then zero in on one particular model and compare the reps to the gen and ask yourself if you can live with the flaws that YOU see, not what others see.  If you cannot, then research what mods if any can alleviate your concerns.   Failing that, move on to your next choice.  TD selection is a matter of personal preference and convenience.  Some are more European centric, while others are more CONUS friendly in terms of shipment/timing.  I have dealt with several over the years and generally have had good experiences, but it's important not to have an unrealistic level of expectation.

But right now, you are all over the place and my advice is for you to do nothing until you are more sure of what you really want.

Judy Wood is just one of many.. I am quite familiar with the evidence (in particular the "squibs", horizontal ejection rates, etc.).  But to be frank, I think it's a loose connection to reference 9/11(irrelevant to this conversation, but I lost many friends at Cantor) or other New World Order conjectures when looking for advice on which TD to select.

There is a time and place for that.  Like you said yourself, the reasons why you want to buy a rep watch are your own.  Your choices so far have spread across the entire spectrum of modern and old.   Focus on one segment first, then zero in on one particular model and compare the reps to the gen and ask yourself if you can live with the flaws that YOU see, not what others see.  If you cannot, then research what mods if any can alleviate your concerns.   Failing that, move on to your next choice.  TD selection is a matter of personal preference and convenience.  Some are more European centric, while others are more CONUS friendly in terms of shipment/timing.  I have dealt with several over the years and generally have had good experiences, but it's important not to have an unrealistic level of expectation.

But right now, you are all over the place and my advice is for you to do nothing until you are more sure of what you really want.

Hi & thanks for your Rep. advice which make sense.

On Judy tho', come on - look at the other evidence; aluminium wings through steel girders (236 outside,, 47 core), Boeing 767s 'flying' @ 500ft @ 550 knots?! - their wings would come off, 1200C melting point of steel vs 600 ignition of kerosene, dustification, no debris pile, all evidence shipped out before investigation, hurricane erin, magnetometre readings, no seismic readings for any 'collapse', 'collapse' at freefall speed...?!, All seven WTC buildings destroyed...There were only 2 planes weren't there?  Concur its hard to get head around, sorry about your losing of friends.

Thank you for your reply, am trying to narrow choice down and focus on one, check acceptable imperfections etc as you say.

Kind Rgds

Edited by Ipcress

Like I said, I am very well informed on the documentation/evidence/observations/theories re:all of the above.  I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you here.  And to your other point: no, its not just their loss, it's their family's as well.  Good luck on your hunt.

Like I said, I am very well informed on the documentation/evidence/observations/theories re:all of the above.  I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you here.  And to your other point: no, its not just their loss, it's their family's as well.  Good luck on your hunt.

Yes sorry, I misread that and have corrected.

Kind Rgds

Have either of you looked at the evidence let alone examined it before drawing any conclusions I wonder? Of course not which is why ignorance and the brainwashed mindset prevails, you're all playing Their Game, a game set to their rules.

Judy can only try to show people but if they are still determined to be fools whilst taken as fools playing word and guessing games to agendas outside their imaginations, understanding and open-mindedness - that's precisely why they're losing.

Now if you don't mind I have my own very special 9/11 fakery project to create, choosing a Rep Rolex which will be as good and genuine as the TV pictures and propaganda that fooled the world....

Have a nice evening.

Have either of you looked at the evidence let alone examined it before drawing any conclusions I wonder? 

I have. I have a fairly unique background in that I both served in the military and have fairly extensive experience with explosives, and then went on to be a scientist and hold a PhD in physics.

All of the idiocy you spouted is irrelevant non sequitur. The fact that you can't comprehend how stupid those issues are to even voice tells me pretty much everything I need to know about you. Now can we keep the 9/11 truther idiocy out of this forum?

• Like 1

I have. I have a fairly unique background in that I both served in the military and have fairly extensive experience with explosives, and then went on to be a scientist and hold a PhD in physics.

All of the idiocy you spouted is irrelevant non sequitur. The fact that you can't comprehend how stupid those issues are to even voice tells me pretty much everything I need to know about you. Now can we keep the 9/11 truther idiocy out of this forum?

Starting off with insults immediately loses you the argument - and you don't need a PhD to know that.

Next, we have the entire public sector in the US and the UK and all Europe who have to be on-message with the Official 9/11 Report otherwise they lose their 'approval' and maybe their J-O-B-S and superannuated pensions; hence some of the firefighters who approached Judy quietly in fear of losing just that. So for all your experience and qualifications they mean precisely nothing if you continue to play the game and walk around with your eyes wide shut.

The US Govt contracted on-message companies to write the frlendly NIST Report that failed to address any of the details on the actual destruction of the towers let alone the other five buildings. The Govt only required NIST to produce a report up to 'the attacks', nothing afterwards.

Sciencists are bought and sold all over the place just as architects and lawyers are when representing the powerful Governments position and they dare not do anything else or they'll suffer professionally.

The Psychological operation to effectively brainwash the public into submission that it was a 'terrorist attack' by 19 mad men with box cutters and beards organised by another bearded nutter from a cave in Afghanistan whilst connected up to a kidney dialysis machine started 20 minutes after TV Pictures showed buildings going up in smoke. They'd even started naming the suspects - without evidence or investigation of anything. And of course people are hired all over the place to keep the Official Story which is all it is a story, going. They pop up all over the place along with the easily duped who cannot comprehend let alone dare look at any evidence so they just follow.

As for 'explosives' experience, well I don't know where that's supposed to lead - a misleading truther movement or something? Nothing of the sort - you haven't examined any real evidence, either that or you are not meant to look at any.

So again, you lead saying your 'background' gives you credibility, well I say it doesn't and theres plenty of examples just like that, not interested in evidence but talk 'authoritively' - so if you still have that mindset with a qualification AND experience then you'd best send your PhD back because its virtually worthless.

So please keep your insults and petty anger and do some homework before even attempting to refute what I'm saying.

Now if you don't mind I have a Rep. to find.

Kind Rgds

Edited by Ipcress

Your posts are about as exciting to read as a rerun on the PBS channel. Why don't you stick to rep discussions on the forums.

Even with all your alleged "expertise" you'll gain no additional support for your cause.

ALL I'm doing is looking for a Rep. to start off this marvellous pastime, mentioned my interests on the profile as requested, and have subsequently been asked questions, insulted and argue with by a couple of people looking for a fight over things they don't know about and have no real interest in finding out about. I don't think I ever brought up the topic for conversation.

Just using the resources provided on this lovely site as I decide upon a Rep. and if some people want to discuss that's fine - if they want to insult I will answer their 'queries' appropriately and its not up to anybody including yourself to tell me otherwise.

Kind Rgds

some good reading for you:

http://www.rwgforum.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Just using the resources provided on this lovely site as I decide upon a Rep. and if some people want to discuss that's fine - if they want to insult I will answer their 'queries' appropriately and its not up to anybody including yourself to tell me otherwise.

Kind Rgds