When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whoever posted the KETCHUP TRICK .. wow thanks

Jkay

Have a "before" shot to compare to?

Patinated fingerprints at 9 and 6 .. long black streak from 12 to 3 on the edge, the crownguard has a black streak along it's full length, and the bezel markers at 3, 6, and 9 are discolored. Let me be clear that I did not believe that the watch had something wrong with it. This watch is made to discolor. It's designed that way. I just wanted to control the process from the ground up so I brought it back to bare metal.

post-22602-0-33155700-1398882250_thumb.j

Looks great and a nice trick to clean the watch. I bet it's the vinegar in the catsup that does the trick.

Ok, I've got to ask about wrist size presence as this watch is growing on me. I can wear and feel comfortable with my 177 and even wore a 243 for a while. The largest watch I have worn and thought look ok was the PloProf. How do these 47mm compare? I have a 170mm wrist for reference.

Did you use distilled water to wash it off (so as not to start any discoloration as a result of the cleaning process)?

My main goal was to clean up the fingerprints and oil streaks. I do not care about the watch beginning to patinate now.