When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eta movement question

Guest REPPIN

Guest REPPIN

So does anyone know if you can basically interchange a 2750 with a 2824

The 2750 is hand wind and the movement is thinner. But other than that they pretty much look the same.

Anyone ever used one?

After you spend $100 for a service on your $30 movement you'll wish you'd have bought a better movement. It's a lo-beat pocket watch movement that was discontinued 40 years ago, although it was considered a very nice movement at the time. Being a pocket watch movement, finding the right stem for a wrist watch may be a problem. Also, it's highly unlikely the hands will transfer from a 2824-2.

And the rest.

Dial feet will have to be rewelded on the right places and the dial refinished (or you can do the cheesy way and use dial dots), custom made hands, custom stem, custom crown, custom made movement holder, custom made movement spacer as movement is thinner and it'll need spacing so the stem hole is at the right height for the case.

$30 for the movment, $100 for a service and, what, $250 for the rest of the work?

Not what I'd call a bargain my friend! :)

Heed what these fellows say. Sometimes a project that looks pretty straightforward, is like staring into the abyss, OK to look, but don't step over the edge!!

On problem that you find when you try to fit non standard parts in a watch, is the one problem becomes multiple problems. You fix one thing, but that fix creates several other problems. Before you know it you are compromising everything just to prove a point. My advice, if you have a watch that uses a 2824 movement, spend 99 USD for a nice brand new factory sealed Seagull ST 2130. It is pretty much and exact fit. It is a 2824 and Sellita 200 clone. Very good quality, well made and can be adjusted to COSC accuracy. And no, I don't sell them, but I have read the reviews on genuine watch forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heed what these fellows say. Sometimes a project that looks pretty straightforward, is like staring into the abyss, OK to look, but don't step over the edge!!

On problem that you find when you try to fit non standard parts in a watch, is the one problem becomes multiple problems. You fix one thing, but that fix creates several other problems. Before you know it you are compromising everything just to prove a point. My advice, if you have a watch that uses a 2824 movement, spend 99 USD for a nice brand new factory sealed Seagull ST 2130. It is pretty much and exact fit. It is a 2824 and Sellita 200 clone. Very good quality, well made and can be adjusted to COSC accuracy. And no, I don't sell them, but I have read the reviews on genuine watch forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This man speaks wisdom. I built three of my last projects with ST2130's that I got a killer deal on. They run, wind, and keep time as well as any of my ETA pieces do.