When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen 116610 dial and bezel inserts on eBay?

glight2000

ive done my first bit of case modding.i evened the cg to make perfect,as u guys know all v3 have slightly uneven cg.ive had 10 all the same.i used a nail file,took 2 minutes to do,also have sunken my sel,so i will install bezel,dial,and crystal tomorrow

yes paper nail file my mums it took 2 minutes.i used cape cod to polish it looks beautiful.im ocd and as everyone knows i need perfect cg lol.anyway massive photo shoot when all gen parts are installed.im sending it tomorrow to be built

bad news guys the ceramic insert needs to be removed,infact the bezel assembly needs taking apart to fit to the crappy v3.and he said its a very very risky job.he has done his own. And will try mine but its hella risky

Why does the insert need to be removed? Just curious. The retaining ring system is slightly different on gen compared to noob or BP (where the insert MUST be removed).

Once the gen ring is installed, the assembled bezel should just press on.

What process has he used to remove insert in the past? My custom dies will probably be ready next week, but I had no frame of reference for the design. Just went with what I think it should look like.

im not sure but he said it must be dissasembleed ,and the ceramic insert has to be removed.he said its was very lucky how he removeed the insert,he is working on mine now im [censored] shitting it.also he said when the v4 is available we can't easily swap our gen bezel insert onto the next watch as its soo risky removing insert.the ceramic insert is 2mm thick lol.the rep bp insert its 5 times thicker and ive even cracked a bp insert in the past

Bc the bezel gasket 316-116610-1 is one time use

Need new one every time you take the bezel out

misikped are the gen bezel gaskets hard to source ,can we use the rep gasket with the gen assembly ?only reason i ask is if i want to dismantle my franken and put the parts on a different case if a new better case comes out

I make my own nylon gaskets to hold the bezel assembly,  you can use a crystal gasket, but you need to find the right size to stretch over the retainer, or cut the crystal gasket to the correct thickness.

Edited by SSTEEL
  • Like 1

Okay.  I am a little confused here.  I am not sure why exactly the insert has to come off.  What is causing the problem?  If it is pre-aligned at the factory and you are using everything genuine (crystal, gaskets, retaining ring, etc) it should just press on.  Now I believe that M has hit the nail on the head.  Rolex does recommend that the retaining gasket only be used once.  I have read a few threads where people have taken off the bezels, reused the gasket, and the assembly has fallen off.  As an aside, though, I am loving this thread :) :) :) 

This does not make sense to me having assembled these before. The fitting is just the same for a gmt, deep sea and subc. They press fit with the gasket to the retaining ring. Only reason to remove the insert is alignment issues. Even Rolex supply the bezel assembled to a dealer to fit so they don't need to remove the insert either.

We need your guy to elaborate whY buddy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

my modder don't speak amazing english,basically he has a v3 with gen everything,he put together himself,so i gave him my v3 and sll parts and said build please.i thought he would just push the assembly on the v3 in one peice,but he said no it won't work because it can squash the gasket .ill tey and find the exact reason why he said the insert must be removed from the bezel assembly,stainless steel should know as he is a modder,perhaps he will chime in.and misikped