When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen 116610 dial and bezel inserts on eBay?

glight2000

The plastic ring holds the bezel to the crystal retainer and has nothing to do with insert fitting in the bezel. If you try and remove the insert from the bezel it will snap or you will break it trying to refit.

The Lume is now whitening a bit. I'm wondering if the container had something to do with it. The seller has given me an acceptable refund on the dial and said keep the dial. A result really as I'd have paid what we did just for an insert and bezel!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

No, it absolutely does not. If you try to snap a ceramic insert in (or out) you'll break it. It's true that it's pressure-fit, but not true that it snaps in.

sneed i did not explain properly yes it a pressure fit.meaning no glue.anyway why would someone want to remove a gen insert from the gen bezel.the bezel is beautiful lol,the noob bezel sucks in comparison

OK..Let me get this straight.  To install the bezel assembly, one presses the entire assembly onto the crystal gasket?

Doesn't one have to  remove the insert,then remove the lipped retaining ring.  Thereafter, the bezel goes on first, on top of the bearing springs.. and THEN the retaining ring is pressed on (sans insert).  

Lastly, after the bezel/crystal is secure, the insert is installed overtop of the retaining ring.

I suppose it's theoretically possible to press directly on top of the insert to install, but that seems risky too.

I've taken apart a BP bezel/insert and I would reinstall that in exactly that fashion.  Finding a die that is proper sized for the thin retaining ring is the challenge.  But I am convinced that the insert on the gen must be removed first prior to installation.

Is your bezel fixed onto the retainer bud. Mine was separate with the white gasket loose in the packet. If yes you will have to split the bezel from the retainer ring but you don't have to remove the insert.

Is your bezel fixed onto the retainer bud. Mine was separate with the white gasket loose in the packet. If yes you will have to split the bezel from the retainer ring but you don't have to remove the insert.

Yes.. bezel, insert, retaining ring, all came fully assembled

My bezel came fully assembled.   If I were to install as is, I would have to press directly onto the ceramic insert itself, which would then apply pressure to the thin metal retaining ring.

I do NOT want to do that.  I want to remove the insert first so that I can remove the retaining ring.  There is no other way to get the ring out without first removing the insert.  Or am I missing something?

IMG_3578_zpsbeaebd59.jpg

IMG_3580_zps4366db41.jpg