When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen 116610 dial and bezel inserts on eBay?

glight2000

Gen dial… check

Gen ceramic bezel assembly… check

Gen AR crystal… check

Noob V3 SubC (A2836)… check

All I need is someone to assemble! Of course I need to have the parts in hand first, lol. All parts arrive next week! Cant wait!

v3 chek

gen ar lec xtal chek

gen bezel assembly chek

gen insert chek

gen glidelock chek

gen crown chek

bp vaclume hands chek

enjoy franken chek

forget gen dial chek

• Like 1

v3 chek

gen ar lec xtal chek

gen bezel assembly chek

gen insert chek

gen glidelock chek

gen crown chek

bp vaclume hands chek

enjoy franken chek

forget gen dial chek

Haha you win! You manage to snag just the gen clasp? Bravo man. That's a tough find!

Cool thread. Will be looking forward to see how this turns out. Agree on the insert. Tried all kinds on plat mods-thanks live1 for the info on RWI. But the numbers just are not cut correctly and deep enough. Sold my BK because of that. It was a very nice piece but the insert drove me nuts. Now I have a beautiful heritage big crown I am working on and have redone the paint several times, but still have the cut issue. Love to put a hen insert on that. Good luck guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have as discriminating an eye as you guys. I would appreciate your advice on my next steps.

I have already purchased the watch below, but wasn't crazy about the insert, leading me to the obsessive search for a deal on a gen insert:

http://www.rwgforum.net/index.php?/topic/169915-Rolex-Submariner-116610-%28sub-c%29-Franken---Gen-Dial%2C-Crystal%2C-Crown-Tube

Do you recommend that I:

1) add the new gen insert from India to my current watch and sell the extra gen dial and be done with a great franken that I'll love forever (or until I lose interest 2 weeks after finishing, following my next obsession)?

OR

2) buy a noob v3 as a base for combining all of the gen parts to keep and lovingly wear "forever," then reassembling the remaining components in my current BP case (including the extra gen dial) to sell?

Please factor in the fact that I'll probably be paying my local watch guy for assembly, assuming he doesn't turn into an a-hole over working on a rep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by glight2000

Ok so I just went thru the entire post. So looks like he may have had 4 or more sets? Wow let's hope we aren't getting noob v3 parts!! Poor PayPal if this goes south, we will all be picketing our way to refunds!

Gen dial

Gen bezel assembly

Gen AR crystal w non service LEC

Gen crown

Gen tube

V3 noob

Yup my TC LV is going bye bye after this watch is done :)

Ok so I just went thru the entire post. So looks like he may have had 4 or more sets? Wow let's hope we aren't getting noob v3 parts!! Poor PayPal if this goes south, we will all be picketing our way to refunds!

Gen dial

Gen bezel assembly

Gen AR crystal w non service LEC

Gen crown

Gen tube

V3 noob

Yup my TC LV is going bye bye after this watch is done :)

I wondered how close a TC would be to a franken. I may take the TC off your hands.

I thought they were sold out... Did you agree to purchase, but wait to pay?

Either this guy is running a scam knowing we will all get reimbursed or one of the members here made a good point. Maybe he is a jeweler who is blinging out these subs and has many parts left over. Looking at the pics the dial is a mk II and the pearl looks very promising if I get what's in the pic

Well done guys, looking forward to how this pans out, fingers crossed for you all.

Hope you don't get stung by customs, I noticed on his listing he's not adding customs duty option whereas you can pay the duty based on the sale price.

@live1.  What die or tool do you use to put press the retaining ring?  Is the insert mounted on the gen bezel first?  or after the retaining ring secures the bezel?

I use a bezel derlin die with my press to push the retainer onto the crystal gasket.  You don't want to be pressing the whole bezel assembly down in one piece with these ceramic, too risky, as the insert can break.

With ceramics, there is a white nylon retainer on the metal retainer, the nylon retainer is what holds the rotating part of the bezel assembly.

Edited by SSTEEL

its,a scam guys my friend irolexjust bought a set today.when the seller said he has none left.im really sure its a scam.when i bought my sets i asked if he can get more he said no way.if he has sent a bp bezel assembly and dial ill go crazy ha ha

Edited by live1