When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SSTEEL (Mickey) is NOT having computer problems - He's BACK! :)

fraggle42

His MacBook has died - battery swollen up and dead - replacement has been ordered and will be with him in a few days.

He has very limited connectivity via his iPhone to the forums (he posted this message on RWG.bz), but NO access to email, so if you have sent a PM or an email or are expecting an email, or an update in your photo album showing work done, bear with him whilst he gets the MacBook back up and running!

Sent from my iPhone sitting on the loo.

Damn where did my reply go.

Thanks mate, luckily I have now managed to add my work email on my phone, so all good now, just a pita typing with a big finger and a tiny screen lol

Sent from my iPhone sitting on the loo.

• Like 1

The battery has swollen up, as lipo's do when they die.

I'm guessing as the battery isn't removable the laptops just going "waaaa! No battery, not going to work!" :) Mickey said it just died in the middle of uploading a load of customer pics, so hope it isn't something else more terminal.

Mickey, let's barter, I'll sort your laptop and you sort my watch LOL :)

Won't it still work on AC current plugged into a wall socket without the battery installed?

You know what mate, you were right.  I am now back on my Mac without its battery fitted, I didn't think it would work, but it does.  Brilliant.  I'M BACK! :)

I have seen this on a MacBook Pro before. The problem is it can bend the aluminium case and damage the motherboard. Hopefully Micky caught it before it's done any terminal damage.

I have found similar instances too mate via google, shocking.  In my case, the battery swollen up, and effected the track pad physical click, this is working fine now the battery is removed, so all being well, will be back to normal when the replacement battery arrives :)