When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3777 Franken

higginsd

Hi all!

I want to show my (nearly) complete project, an almost full Franken IWC 3777.

Base is a stock rep of the HBB-6 factory. It has a custom made BP style strap made from genuine alligator, coloured light grey with blue stitch and made by the fantastic strap maker Jacob Ramirez in Spain. The clasp is still rep.

Franken status now: gen dial, all hands gen, gen crown, gen 79320 movement. The pushers are rep and fixed by Loctite. The datewheels are rep because I can't see any difference to the gen wheels.

The next and last 2 steps will be: a crystal with Sunnydale (special) AR or possibly a gen crystal. A gen BP clasp and/or a gen croco strap with gen buckle. I think a gen BP strap is not possible because IWC does not offer BP straps with 21mm at the lugs.

Here are some detailed pics, just click to enlarge:

6nbna427zn6.jpg

6kytn6q3wghi.jpg

jjwd7l9ms65x.jpg

xjrh7v2lh1y2.jpg

9ky7n4ln2e2p.jpg

6gdhedy3ufov.jpg

xb8pvyz6xek.jpg

1pwlteonszfq.jpg

Here are some older pics to show the strap (not yet complete franken the watch):

n7r5nqhyy36e.jpg

559x8zx2m7l.jpg

7lazptkbp2q.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Daytona1984

nice built, but please get the gen date wheel... it is visible! check the 7, 17, 27 ;)

also, the swiss eta day wheel is the same as the gen day wheel and can be sourced easily and cheap...

OK, I found it. The 7 has serifen at the gen datewheel. Really "visible" at a distance of 2m or more I wouldn't say. But for sure a little flaw which I'll correct when I'll change the crystal to gen. Datewheels are not expensive and I can source gens. But it is work to change them, the worst is putting of the hands and setting them back.