When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my 116610 super franken build thread step by step

live1

Yeah. No shortage of pics there!

But a little unclear on how he set the insert back into the bezel. Said he used a piece of wood. Not sure if he worked it in gradually along the outer rim or pushed it in with a single press with a circular block.

Screwdriver to remove insert is a bit risky if you ask me, but whatever works I guess.

@live1, congrats on your watch. Looks great.

Thanks for posting the link Live. Please pass along my congrats and thanks to zocker as well. One question I had is why you used a 2.3mm crystal gasket. Rolex uses the 29-295-2 crystal gasket on this model which is 2.7mm. With everything else gen, I wonder if the crystal is .4mm too low.

Thanks for posting the link Live. Please pass along my congrats and thanks to zocker as well. One question I had is why you used a 2.3mm crystal gasket. Rolex uses the 29-295-2 crystal gasket on this model which is 2.7mm. With everything else gen, I wonder if the crystal is .4mm too low.

2.7mm is the standard 16610 but not on ceramic.

cost of build was

v3 noob 350 pounds

bezel assembly and insert and dial 400 pounds

gen dial cost me 350pounds, i solds the dial that came with bezel and insert for 450 pounds.

Gen crystal 145 pounds

bp hands 75 pounds with gen style relume

so total 1420 pounds,but i sold that other dial that came free with my bezel and insert,so total really 1000 pounds.

But i also made 500 pounds profit on a gen hulk dial,and made 950 pounds for a gen hulk insert lol,so in reality this build cost not much considering its worth over 2000 pounds

Edited by live1

According to my 2008 R20 insert the crystal gasket used for the 116618 and 116619 (can't the 116610) is 29-295-2. That gasket is 2.7mm. I have to assume that the gasket for the 116610 would be the same as these. If I am wrong in reading this, please let me know.

442474B0-13F2-4160-9D05-5B20F06013CA_zps