When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Ingenieur Correct Datewheel...

lello

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paid!

Its a worthwhile upgrade because the date font stares right back at you whenever you wear the watch.

For me, I stopped wearing my Ingy for the past 3 months whilst waiting for Lello's fix. Without the fix, I'd probably have sold the watch... :p

Just to avoid misunderstandings..., this is not a sticker, it is a proper metal disc of 0,2 mm, produced by a lathe machine and then painted in white and then printed with numbers.

It's called overlay, just because the rep DW on this model, comes with this overlay glued on the movement DW, to enlarge the diameter of the date wheel and match the date window, at the same diameter, as the OEM...

So here there's much more work than any other DW and you could never get something like this for a better price...

$65 for a datewheel overlay??

i bit pricey me thinks?????

Edited by lello

Lello is selling an overlay as a courtesy only. He is also selling an entire date wheel where he has purchased the date wheel and replaced the existing one with his new one. So all you would have to do is pull out the date wheel and replace with his. IMHO, if you are going to buy one you should get it already put on the date wheel. This is one of the movements where you can readily get the date wheel. IMHO, it is a good service and worth the price difference. :)

Lello is selling an overlay as a courtesy only. He is also selling an entire date wheel where he has purchased the date wheel and replaced the existing one with his new one. So all you would have to do is pull out the date wheel and replace with his. IMHO, if you are going to buy one you should get it already put on the date wheel. This is one of the movements where you can readily get the date wheel. IMHO, it is a good service and worth the price difference. :)

You're right Kruzer! Lello put in so much time and effort to make this perfect DW and have it as an easy install for our convenience. I know it's a lot of money if you look at it as just a DW... but let's be real about it... if it's not worth the money to you, you will still have a nice replica with a solid movement... but just not as perfect as it can be. And that is mostly the sport we're interested in :D

So al i can say is thank you Lello :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I forgot to add - selfishly speaking, I hope just enough people drop out from the original list so I can sneak in. ;)

Don't worry Warren, on tuesday morning (as monday it's holiday here in Italy), I will call the printer and tell them to produce some more overlays and print them.

Although I'm not so sure that all the people on the list will actually buy it...

But nobody will remain without this DW.

Thank you and to Frank as well, to help me to explain the work it's behind this project, I appreciate it. :)

@Lello

Am I right?

Or is there really only a difference of $4 when you add a DW and

glue the Overlay

Regards

The 4 Euros are just the cost of blank DW.

The glueing work it's something that I do, but I don't add any fee for it.

On this project the problem was the overlay issue...

To avoid members to send me their DWs, in order to print directly over them, I decided to produce new overlays.

This costs me around 7/8 euros each, but I actually added only 5 Euros to the original price of 40

The 4 Euros are just the cost of blank DW.

The glueing work it's something that I do, but I don't add any fee for it.

On this project the problem was the overlay issue...

To avoid members to send me their DWs, in order to print directly over them, I decided to produce new overlays.

This costs me around 7/8 euros each, but I actually added only 5 Euros to the original price of 40

I just submitted my payment. Thanks very much Lello.

It is important that the people who originally expressed interest follow through so that Lello does not take a loss on this project -- otherwise we shouldn't look to similar volunteer efforts in the future.

By the way, payment info was added to the first post in this thread. I didn't look there until after I had sent Lello a PM asking for his payment info.

Also, there is a small typo in this paypal information. He lists it as mail@ leonellocalvetti.com . You need to delete the extra space following the @ symbol.

Also, there is a small typo in this paypal information. He lists it as mail@ leonellocalvetti.com . You need to delete the extra space following the @ symbol.

I bet it's not a mistake. People oftentimes put spaces or replace @ with AT or (at) in order to avoid their email address from being picked up by crawlers, search engine bots, etc.