When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NOOB from AZ

So I am new here (clearly) and am some what new to rep watches. That said, I have a few reps such as Breitling, Rolex, Chanel... but I do have a small collection of authentics too. I bought the reps without having a clue, so now my quest for knowledge has begun.

With my quest to learn and not ask stupid questions, I started to read the noob section here. I clicked on several links that were there to "help" noobs yet this is an example of what I got again and again: "Sorry, we could not locate the page you are requesting"  I would love to educate myself before jumpin in or buggin you guys but when the tools needed aren't there to me, what next? Am I suppose to post a certain number of comments before given access? Yet that wouldn't make sense because those links were there to help newbies right? 

Maybe someone could point me in the right direction about abbreviations/rep watch lingo.... even though I did try on my own before asking...please???? That would be super great. Thanks a bunch.
Edited by Girln2watches

Give a look to the pinned threads here. Not all will work because most of these posts are very very old. About the rest keep tuned on the new posts in the general discussion area, and also look around in the brand areas to get what's new. You'll learn soon (I'm also newbie here but in 3 weeks I'm ok with the acronyms here, like DSSD, TD (trusted dealer) or ROO).

Cheers,

GenTLe

• Like 1

Give a look to the pinned threads here. Not all will work because most of these posts are very very old. About the rest keep tuned on the new posts in the general discussion area, and also look around in the brand areas to get what's new. You'll learn soon (I'm also newbie here but in 3 weeks I'm ok with the acronyms here, like DSSD, TD (trusted dealer) or ROO).

Cheers,

GenTLe

I appreciate your response and will take a look where you recommended! Thanks for helping a girl out :)

Girln2watches, you have to understand that most of the guys / members here (hey in this case the terms are synonymous) have never kissed a girl, have wrists as thick as a milk straw and wear plaid.  Think of Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang Theory and you won't be far off.

Okay, okay ... the "plaid" comment was a bit much.  :bangin:  

They're trying desperately to not look like leering troglodytes by flocking to your very well worded question, and posting what will certainly be misconstrued as "the hots".  They're a great bunch, and possess VAST knowledge about watches, from the arcane to the superficial.  Any one of these boys could write an encyclopedia.

So just be patient.  They're not used to having a female actually talk to them, and doubtless are checking Wikis to see what appropriate responses might be.  Give them time, smile a lot, think about bringing in donuts and leaving a 6-pack lying around .... before long you'll get some (semi) coherent replies.

Now c'mon boys..... she wants to play nice.  And Girln2watches, welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Girln2watches, you have to understand that most of the guys / members here (hey in this case the terms are synonymous) have never kissed a girl

Ehi Admin, please stop creating new acronyms all the time.

Now what the heck is a "girl"???  :huh:

:partytime:  :bangin:

Girln2watches, you have to understand that most of the guys / members here (hey in this case the terms are synonymous) have never kissed a girl, have wrists as thick as a milk straw and wear plaid.  Think of Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang Theory and you won't be far off.

Okay, okay ... the "plaid" comment was a bit much.  :bangin:  

They're trying desperately to not look like leering troglodytes by flocking to your very well worded question, and posting what will certainly be misconstrued as "the hots".  They're a great bunch, and possess VAST knowledge about watches, from the arcane to the superficial.  Any one of these boys could write an encyclopedia.

So just be patient.  They're not used to having a female actually talk to them, and doubtless are checking Wikis to see what appropriate responses might be.  Give them time, smile a lot, think about bringing in donuts and leaving a 6-pack lying around .... before long you'll get some (semi) coherent replies.

Now c'mon boys..... she wants to play nice.  And Girln2watches, welcome aboard!

OMG I am ROFLMAO!! Seriously I nearly spit my coffee on the monitor!! Ok, don't take this the wrong way...but this is exactly why I love men!! So damn funny and smart too!!  I grew up with them, hung out with them in school and am usually more comfortable in conversations with them. You can take a punch then be friends with the guy two minutes later!! I love that!!  Ok but I still love my lipstick, heels and handbags... but can talk watches, politics, business and a little baseball too! Like what the hell is going on with my DBacks this year!!?? There are bright moments  that give me hope but then....crap!

Thank you for that AWESOME welcome!! It was the best one ever!

OMG I am ROFLMAO!! Seriously I nearly spit my coffee on the monitor!! Ok, don't take this the wrong way...but this is exactly why I love men!! So damn funny and smart too!!  I grew up with them, hung out with them in school and am usually more comfortable in conversations with them. You can take a punch then be friends with the guy two minutes later!! I love that!!  Ok but I still love my lipstick, heels and handbags... but can talk watches, politics, business and a little baseball too! Like what the hell is going on with my DBacks this year!!?? There are bright moments  that give me hope but then....crap!

Thank you for that AWESOME welcome!! It was the best one ever!

The addiction is settling in... soon you'll be on Tapatalk like the rest of us, sneaking glances at New Posts when nobody's looking, hitting refresh, posting wrist shots like crazy... Welcome to the madness!

The addiction is settling in... soon you'll be on Tapatalk like the rest of us, sneaking glances at New Posts when nobody's looking, hitting refresh, posting wrist shots like crazy... Welcome to the madness!

I believe it! I have a couple forums about handbags now on my Tapatalk and a leatherworking forum too (new hobby)....people wonder why I'm in the ladies lounge for so long lately lol!! There aren't many girls in the leatherworking forums either.  ;)

Now I can't wait to get back from our vacay so I can order the watches. But in the meantime, I will be hangin by the pool while doing my research on my phone tho!!  :)

Do a little research , and ask away. The guy's on this forum will be falling over each other to answer your questions.

Yeah it seems nicer here then another watch forum i was lurking on. Looks like you and I come from the same area! Very cool.