When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New to watches. IWC Strap and dial

MichaelDouglas85

I got this from trusty time. Was a bit annoying as there was the number "2" written on it in two places. I hate the strap. Any opinions on my dial? Does that need replacing also?

Where can I get a genuine strap...and dial if I do need one...

After I get this/these, how the heck do I fit it. Sorry, I am an office guy, no clue about anything mechanical.

Thanks,

Michael

post-65394-0-89313000-1405071117_thumb.j

post-65394-0-39191800-1405071119_thumb.j

post-65394-0-83028500-1405071120_thumb.j

post-65394-0-25169800-1405071122_thumb.j

Welcome to RWG. 

Genuine straps can be very expensive, I've got a gen IWC strap from a local IWC AD and I paid almost 300 euro (approximately 400 usd). There are also other strap makers who can make great straps, guys like Donerix for example ;)

• Like 1

Welcome to RWG. 

Genuine straps can be very expensive, I've got a gen IWC strap from a local IWC AD and I paid almost 300 euro (approximately 400 usd). There are also other strap makers who can make great straps, guys like Donerix for example ;)

Gen Big Pilot straps are even more expensive. I'd go for Peter Watchacc or Orloff (he's a member here).

http://s831.photobucket.com/user/orloff1812/library/ORLOFF%20STRAPS/IWC%20STRAPS?sort=3&page=1

Welcome to RWG. 

Sorry, who is donerix. There are two members with that name.

Thanks,

M

Hi You´ll need a cheap spring bar tool (Amazon/ Ebay) and look up a video on Youtube. For other strap options take a look at Panatime or strapped for time (and a 1000 others). Individual strap makers will offer exclusive leathers and designs but with waiting time and at a cost (but much more value for money than the gen imo)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to RWG. 

I agree. If you want to get a truly genuine strap, then go for the AD. I got a genuine BP Ref. 5004 Crocodile Strap from an AD, but actually paid 700 Euros (!!!!) for it... in retrospect I should have gone to the Netherlands and get two for that price ;)

I got this from trusty time. Was a bit annoying as there was the number "2" written on it in two places. I hate the strap. Any opinions on my dial? Does that need replacing also?

Sorry mate, but what do you mean with this thing of the nr. 2 written on it in two places?

This is a gen and looks totally similar to your one:

http://www.chrono24.com/iwc/big-pilot-iw5002-7-days-power-reserve-w-box--paper--id2865089.htm?dosearch=true&picnum=0&query=IWC+Big+Pilot+7+days+power+reserve&resultview=list&searchexplain=1&suchen=Cerca&tab=pics&urlSubpath=%2Fsearch%2Findex.htm

2769804.jpg?v=1

• 2 months later...