When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are reps getting better in quality?

cjohns

First off I do wear a gen 16710 and have owned 4 other gens,,,but I'm not one of those uptight gen owners that think that reps are the devils work.I have purchased 3 watches from Josh and a few others from other members(Is this the same rep forum that had the black and orange web page??) I'm only really looking on Josh's sight but have been around long enough to know most top sellers get there stock from the same places.Well back to my question are reps any better in quality from the watches I purchased 2-3 years ago?The watches I have now(all from Josh) are a ladies Yachtmaster(she has beat it to hell but it still runs pefectly) and mid DJ that just broke and a early 39mm Explorer that I had the crown fixed to look like a gen.I quess from what I'm looking for is an answer why if a new 1 to 1 rep isn't water proof but just water resistant?Is this hard to obtain, even a cheap Sekio is good to 30M?? Let me know what you think!!CJ.

In a lot of cases yes, there has been great improvement in the last 2-3 years. It really depends on the watch and your budget. Big difference between a Noob Sub and a TC Sub in terms of quality, but also in price.

Most of the newer reps can be waterproofed to the same standards as a gen. Unfortunately, even though in some cases the QC is getting better, you are still looking at a product that was put together by relatively unskilled labor that was not built to the same tolerances as a gen. If you want to be sure, you need to have someone do the work and test it before hopping in the pool.