When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bond

Bender222

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this. I am looking for the classic Omega 2531.80 watch. I found one with an eta 2824 and one with an eta 2836. what is the difference? which dealer carries the most accurate/recommended rep? Are there any titanium ones? Thank you for helping me.

I don't think there are any Ti reps of this watch.

There are no genuine standard Ti Seamaster "Bond" models, either. The Electric Blue SMP is available in titanium... not sure about others.

Finding the standard Bond shouldn't be a problem as it's one of the best selling reps ever. I'm quite sure all dealers carry the same model of the ETA-powered rep. There's absolutely no practical difference between the movements... other just has option for day-date which isn't used on the SMP.

Mine is the old model with pins on the bracelet. But I guess the new good ones are pretty much identical... just screws on the bracelet.

165817-11054.jpg

i see so many different places with different prices . I just want the same one as By-tor has but im not sure which place has it

Mind you, the older Seamasters 2531 were alot better than the modern versions that our trusted dealers carry. I beleive all of them carry the model with the 2824 movement. There are similiarities and there are differences. The 2824 movement just uses the date function whereas the 2836 uses the day and date function. Other differences are the following (thanks to Randy):

2824 is much thinner in profile than the 2836. They're both 11.5"', but the 2836 is 5.05mm in height vs. 4.6mm for the 2824.

The 2824 is closer related to the 2892, which is thinner yet- 11.5"' x 3.6mm.

Hope that helps.

@Triple: I'm not sure what's different with the current Seamaster reps, except the bracelet pin/screw issue. Someone mentioned something about the dial... but I already forgot what it was. Even the new ones look pretty good to me.

Well anyway... I'm really glad I have one from the "old batch". It's probably the favourite watch in my collection.

@Triple: I'm not sure what's different with the current Seamaster reps, except the bracelet pin/screw issue. Someone mentioned something about the dial... but I already forgot what it was. Even the new ones look pretty good to me.

Yep - I heard about the bracelet issue as well. But I thought someone posted about the dial quality as well. Didn't the older SMP have a better wave pattern than the newer ones? I replaced my dial with a gen dial - plenty of waves, plenty of waves :D .

please read around and do some search - if you bothered to look at the omega section you will see that quite a few members have put in genuine parts into the blue SMP - TripleHD and myself just to name two.

please don't just sit here and ask ask ask, do some research.

good luck with your quest for the 25318000 - one of the best replicas out there.

Are the geniune parts compatible with the rep? Where can you get them? how much was the dial? What about waterproofing? I dont want to worry about it when i take a shower or submerse my hand

Read Marrick's post about doing some research. There are many members who had their Omegas (various models) modded to include gen parts. Take a look at the Omega section and look at Marrick's projects. He is the King of Omega mods - hands down !