When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep dealer

Guest kongenafcypern

Guest kongenafcypern

Hi guys, im abit new om the forums, been here a couple of days.. I have been looking around and talked with some members, and i came till the conclusion that i want to buy from one of the trusted dealers, so i have a rep, before i go out and use alot more cash for a special one, from one of the members.. So my question is, which one to choose when shipping to Denmark (EU) ? And which one is having good reviews, and would be a nice place to order the first rep watch?

I have been looking at, Trusty Time, looks like he/she has nice shipping to EU, and i saw some positive reviews, but i have also been looking at Joshua / Perfect Clones, and BK's i think he was called.. I hope some of you out there, want to help me order my first rep watch  :)

Peace! B)

For the very first purchase I'd suggest TrustyTime - http://www.ttw888.com (or eventually his twin PerfectClones -http://www.p-cls.com-)

Between them I normally go for Trusty simply because I found Andrew friendly and the web site is much more usable - i.e. you can open multiple tabs and better check the products.

I'm suggesting him (Andrew) because payment is easier (PayPal), QC pictures comprehend a timegrapher one, and communications/shipping are really fast.

Also he offers custom seizure protection: meaning that if our custom will seize the watch and you have proof of it (normally in such situation the customs rlease a documentation about this) you'll have another shipping (paying again the shipping fee) or watch money refund.

By the way, since you're noob, read this one before: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/171237-what-are-the-rep-collecting-10-commandments/

Ciao, GenTLe

Guest kongenafcypern

Thanks guys, i think i will go with Trusty, but i have a little question.. I like to order a submariner black-dial from Trusty, but on the photos, on the website it looks like theres a red dot on the top of the watches, which there isnt on the gen? Abit scared of that

Edited by kongenafcypern

Hi, use the shipping via UK option and it will be fine (total cost $70 for 1 or 2); go with the undecorated Asian ETA movement;

The Seadweller is good:

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=10933

Toro is (AFAIK) the only dealer who regularily posts in these forums, but having said that, my last watch from him had a movement that was that damaged it had to be swapped and I got no response from him.

None of them are perfect, or even good, I bought a Tudor BB from Andrew, the early buyers were promised a replacement pearl as the one that went out with the watch wasn't brilliant. It hasn't turned up.

I would suggest using the M2M sales board and ONLY buy from trusted, long term members.

You're right Fraggle, but if none goes to dealers, how the M2M would work? ;)

Anyway, the thing that most drives me crazy about the dealers is that (not valid for all of them anyway, even if I think it's also a matter of mentality which is far from "western" one):

1) they more or less don't give a f_ck of what we write them or about their given words.

I've 2 examples with TB: 1st purchase and I asked for timegrapher QC pic. The first request was simply ignored. When i asked again he told me "yes". And I've NEVER received anything like that. Just got the second batch of pictures (I was purchasing 2 pieces) and an all capital message "PLS CONFIRM".

Now I'm dealing with him again for a noob sub I'm purchasing for a friend. Wrote him to put me in CC all the time as my friend is not a master with english language. Do you think I got any mail? I got them just because my friend forwarded them to me... And when I was replying him putting my friend in CC and telling him to DO PUT the other address in the replies, do you think he ever did? Com'on, WTF???

2) they lie

The "1:1 all case parts replaceable with gen ones" is pure [censored], then the story of this POS movement clone of the clone (real name SB1HRZ2), all these fake versions V3, V4... just to get a crazy amount of money... 

So yes, I agree with you. It's only that rarely you can find "that exact model" you're searching for in the M2M.

GenTLe most of the time you can find what you want in time M2M . This being said I can search all the REP forums and can buy as most know me . This is a function of time and volume more than anything to do with my unique position, so get buying get some feed back go over RWG bz, RWI or Geek  and talk to the guys (most are here also) and you will be able to M2M all over.

I'll try Mike, I'll try :)

About the positive feedbacks, I don't have clarity about how they works... Who is giving the feedback? I suppose only the staff members, correct?

There are threads where I'd like to give a +1 to the OP, but it's not feasible, am I right?

Tnx, Gen

Guest kongenafcypern

Ok, so now im more confused then ever, hehe.. But if its better to buy from a trusted member on this forum, i have a big problem, becuase i have been contacting some people on the forum, and just asking them stuff about some watches they had on sale, but they didnt even want to answer me becuase im "new" and dont have feedback.. So its getting pretty hard to start out, and try to get your fingers in a quality rep watch..

The only way i came to this forum, was becuase a friend of mine showed me a perfect looking rep watch, and i was sold, so i was looking around the internet and found this forum, and wanted to get fingers in one of them, not necessary a perfect one with gen parts and all that stuff, just a simple good quality rep watch, that looks extacly like the real watch when u just look at it.. But its getting pretty hard, to get into the "market"..

Btw sorry for my bad english! And thanks all for the help. :)

K, if you don't mind to send money with Western Union, go for this one: http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_115&product_id=1014

Otherwise with PayPal the BP ones I've showed you in the TT site.

Then if you get addicted, stay here around and after some time you'll be able to get M2M ones too :)

Hi, its quite normal to get confused with an overflow of information in the beginning, specially with a submariner. I still say the classic 16600 Seadweller is a really fine watch and if needed it will take all kinds of gen parts - but it already is well made out of the box, as it´s "classic" it has been produced for a much longer time than the new ceramic ones and all flaws have been settled with for a long time and doesn´t cost a fortune. Also less probable somebody sitting next on the plane has one and more credible as a used gen it goes for about 1/2 of the new ceramic one. 

See what I mean:

sd1024_0445.jpg

IMG_0578c1.jpgSD_9864cr2.jpg

• 1 month later...