When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TrustyTime Rolex submariner purchase

masou2

Hi all

I bought a submariner one month ago from Andrew at TT.

The QC pics were great and Andrew's service was impeccable. I've only now just noticed that there is a smudge on the inside of the glass which did not show up in any of the QC pics, but is pretty visible.

Any advice as to what I should do in this situation? I don't have tools to fix this myself and I thought I would float the situation here before going to Andrew.

I decided to post here instead of TT's forum, but let me know if I should just post it there.

Thanks

Matt

That's a bummer :(

Andrew will probably have you send it back to his watch repair guys to clean it. Takes about a month to CONUS. I just had a similar situation with a crown that fell off.

I may look into what it would cost to have someone else take a look at it in a shorter period of time... but that is just me. 

Best of luck!

A six dollar rubber ball to remove the back, and maybe a ten dollar jewelers screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the movement in the case. Remove stem by pressing the little release button. Remove movement. Polish inside of crystal with a no lint cloth. Reverse process.

GREAT opportunity to learn, FAR cheaper, and FAR quicker than sending anywhere...

Bob