When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai experts - need help deciding 111 vs 127

Canuck88

I'd like to buy a 111 or a 127, however my wrists are only 7.25" (max). I like the old school look of the 127 better than the 111 (at least from the pics I've seen) and I"m worried that a 1950 might look way too huge on me...

Can anyone post some wrist shots of these models for me (or point me in the right direction)?

My daily beater is a sub rep and I'm pretty comfortable with that size but willing to go slightly larger.

Also, would the fit and finish of the 111 and 127 be considered comparable? Are either of them from any vendors actually water resistant??

Cheers!

Start with 111. 127 is really big. My wrist is closer to 7.50 inches and I don't consider it a workday watch. I love wearing the 47mm. Even picked up the 187 having worn the 1950 for a while. The 47mm look huge, feel huge and you will love it. But don't try fitting it under a shirt sleeve. :D The move from Rolex to 44mm will be noticeable on your wrist. From rolex to 47mm is very different.

Buy both :thumbsupsmileyanim:

No...sorry, on a serious note:

I had the 111 which i sold to my dad, then i bought the 127 with the proceeds. The 111 looks quite big anyway i think yet it is a lovely watch. The 127 looks VERY big, not sure on my wrist size but it looks big, see pic. Everyone at work says, whoah thats a big watch, but they all love it. I prefer now to wear my seamaster under my shirt, and not sticking out :D

So go for the 127 in my opinion but if your really unsure stick to the smaller 111 they're both gorgeous!

post-1079-1143653222_thumb.jpg