When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SpeedMaster with Display back?

The_Iceman

Hello All

I am looking for a good quality rep SpeedMaster with a display back.  Can anyone point me in the right direction or share any experiences they might have.  It looks like TR and Trusty both have them just wondering if anyone had any pointers.  Also looking to put it on the black leather deployment strap.  Looking for a daily watch to wear around the office so I don't muck up my gen pieces.

Thanks for your time.

I think these are still available. The rep that is available is a 3573 (sapphire sandwich) but it has some pretty big tells, if this is a concern of yours. from a distance it looks okay but it's pretty easy to call out from that same distance if you are aware of the flaws that it has. Not that I wouldn't buy one, just so you know though, it's not a very accurate replica.

p.s. Speedmasters look great on a black leather strap!

the speedy moon watch with the display back and St19 movement is pretty solid.

great looking watch. hand wind and about the only affordable column wheel chrono movement.

i rarely wear mine but just cant decide if i wanna sell it. :lol:

i get compliments on it every time i wear it though. then their jaws drop when i show them the back.

F3S_9181.jpg

its about one of the best out of the box movements in the rep world.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd personally like to see an good one with a closed back, haven't saw one for ages. I don't have an open back but here's a pic of mine when I visited a local watch smith for a repair.

582BCD80-A75D-4436-8A2C-BCF2B7C80677.jpg

You can swap a sapphire back onto your 3570. It requires a different movement ring, since the closed caseback Speedies have the anti-magnetic cover between the movement and caseback. I much prefer the classic man on the moon caseback and will be leaving mine alone.