When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

a 14060 build idea

highoeyazmuhudee

anyone know if this dial could fit in a TC or startime case?

RLX2014080501-01_enl.JPG

could hopefully (probably) change out the hour markers for smaller ones and drill lug holes on a tc case if not using a star time one. this whole experiment or project comes down to this dial being of the right size. (same as TCs 16610 dial)

could hopefully (probably) change out the hour markers for smaller ones and drill lug holes on a tc case if not using a star time one. this whole experiment or project comes down to this dial being of the right size. (same as TCs 16610 dial)

Fonts would still be wrong, the new short font for "ft" was never used on a 14060

i would pop off the dial markers and glue on or fit in the holes if it lines up correctly regular sized ones.or make a fantasy model

as long as the dial would fit i wouldnt care about the "ft" font being short vs long.

startime case not available, i have complete confidence in jmbs abilities to drill lug holes

Swapping markers from large to small is fairly easy and works Ok as long as the larger markers did not leave any scratches on the dial that show outside the smaller markers. I never changed a 14060 replica dial to a ST or TC case but have swapped a few no date dials over to the 'noob' cases from 8 or 10 years back that had press in sapphire crystals and spring wire bezels, not oem type crystals/bezels. They turned out pretty good.

Swapping markers from large to small is fairly easy and works Ok as long as the larger markers did not leave any scratches on the dial that show outside the smaller markers. I never changed a 14060 replica dial to a ST or TC case but have swapped a few no date dials over to the 'noob' cases from 8 or 10 years back that had press in sapphire crystals and spring wire bezels, not oem type crystals/bezels. They turned out pretty good.

gen 14060 no date dials?

Never swapped markers around on genuine dials but have replaced markers on genuine dials that have fallen off or lost. Easy to do, same as replicas.

Never used genuine dials on these projects, never had any.

Iirc the dials I used were bigger od than oem too. If I run across any dials like I used I will post the od.

ww...

I picked up a few rough vintage dials at NAWCC shows, most are for older DJ, OPD etc.

I have not been to a show in quite a while so there might be a few newer dials around now at reasonable prices. One good thing is that goofballs who throw $$ away on rolexjunk do not work on watches so dials that are less than perfect tend to be reasonably priced.