When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First attempt at watch modding

davidmac

Hello,

I purchased a crappy 21j Sub from iOffer a couple of months ago that has an unlimited amount of flaws which I thought I'd have a go at rectifying one by one.

I came across a snag though in the process, this is what I started out with.

IMG_4301_zps42db50a3.jpg

If you look at the lugs, it has a brushed effect that goes diagonally.  I decided to sand those out starting with 400 grit and working up to 1200.  It resulted in removing all the plating and exposing what looks like Brass/Copper underneath! :bangin:

photo4_zps0c8a315a.jpg

Next I thought I'd have a bash at the crown guards as they were cutting into the crown:

photo32_zpsd9008714.jpg

I think they've turned out better than they were but overall the watch is still [censored]!

Edited by davidmac

You should have made some before pics so we could see the difference but wow that is a crappy Sub haha

But good luck with the modning mate its Always Nice and funny to try something new

Regards Simon

At 1st i thought that was gen :Jumpy:   it can still be fun modding your watches don't matter how cheep they are. Its all about having enjoyment in what your doing.

Being honest though  :yuk:

wana swap lol

photo_zps88620708.jpg

Yeah ok, but I'll need some money off you to sweeten the deal  :huh:

You have an awesome looking sub there Mart  :notworthy: , that crown looks especially awesome  ;)

You should have made some before pics so we could see the difference but wow that is a crappy Sub haha

But good luck with the modning mate its Always Nice and funny to try something new

Regards Simon

I wish I had've done!  My next Mod is going to involve me putting it in a drawer and buying a new one.

I wish I had've done!  My next Mod is going to involve me putting it in a drawer and buying a new one.

Thats a really good mod mate will truly make it look more gen haha ;)

Good luck with the purchase

It aint a LN but its a LV but here is a little to drool over superfranken LV

post-61085-0-23705800-1407960585_thumb.j

Have you got any pictures of your Sub in front of your F16?  B)

Forgot to add, that looks AMAZING!

Haha how you knew im flying a F16 ;) ??

But i Got some pics yes not with the watch just me

but im not allowed to post pictures of the base ( you can thank the terrorists for that ) i have several pictures i Would like to add and show to the forum but only pictures and videos that has been allowed by PET

Just so you know PET is our CIA NSA etc

Even my picture to my home of my first plane from my first ride took 3 months to be allowed

Your Sub looks good Always wanted one like that for myself but They have to many tells for me to live with but thats just me ;)

Best regards Simon

but im not allowed to post pictures of the base ( you can thank the terrorists for that ) i have several pictures i Would like to add and show to the forum but only pictures and videos that has been allowed by PET

Wow, where are the days I could climb into a Harrier or Phantom or any other jet when they showed up at the cross servicing, and started taking pics of them.

Hello,

I purchased a crappy 21j Sub from iOffer a couple of months ago that has an unlimited amount of flaws which I thought I'd have a go at rectifying one by one.

I came across a snag though in the process, this is what I started out with.

IMG_4301_zps42db50a3.jpg

I think they've turned out better than they were but overall the watch is still [censored]!

LOL what a bad watch but hey this is how we all start and they are PERFECT for starting out, learning how to pull it apart and put it back together etc. these types of watches have been a right of passage for most of us. So I say well done for giving it a go. Your next challenge is to change that dial... nothing expensive (leave that for a later build) just to gain the experience, believe me you won't regret it. Good luck :)

Wow, where are the days I could climb into a Harrier or Phantom or any other jet when they showed up at the cross servicing, and started taking pics of them.

Alot have changed since 9/11 and its only getting Worse sadly

If I'm honest I've been stalking you for quite some time now, look out the window and wave

Haha i will i

have been flying over the uk some time ago

Have a Big respect for your guys over there skilled Fighters

But let me see if i cant get you guys a rwg picture of a F16 ;)