When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1016 case shaping

droptopman

Spent all day shaping a Jmb 1016 case and refinishing a rivet bracelet. My first attempt at doing this much to a case. Man that's a lot of work. I think it turned out pretty good. Profile is much slimmer with less taper. Everything is ready to go to Matt for assembly. Couple pics, what do you think?

3e41cc0286ad2405c41586d4289a6a19.jpg

19cc0e01a8021dc45380cf3823eebc7c.jpg

ce319e66e34df8bd7647f0cd78e1f76c.jpg

fed78c6f6fe43a28e1dab1ef64ce6769.jpg

ab85271e57254944c11023130cc1da51.jpg

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Drotopman, this is a pretty precisely executed mod!

The lug profile is now on par with the gen.

We need an easy and affordable way to mod these lugs.

Tried a CNC method a while ago, but it required welding the lugholes redrilling ...

For now this type of modification will stay a handcraftsmannship

You've brought out the best of that jmb, great work! What bracelet is that?

Thank you, I studied some of your 1016 work and posts. It is the cartel rivet that came with my 1675. Just sitting in my strap box so going to try and use it. Clasp actually looks fairly period correct for late 60's model. The gen pictures I used are from a 1966 which is my birth year so that is what I am trying to build. Plus this is to be a moderate budget build and we all like free. However I have never used a rivet and did not notice working screws on both sides. While vintaging the bracelet I lost 3 of the screws.....hope I can find some

Thank you for the kind words.  Very humbling, especially coming from some of our very best 1016 builders.  I studied your posts and and work, so thank you for taking the time to share your expertise and experience.

I have a feeling this one will hold a special place for me being my first real modding work.  My hands are sore today:)

Little more polishing then off to Matt she goes.  

Lugs look great but M's right in that the lug holes look like you could drive a truck through 'em!  Of course, macros and close-ups exaggerate everything.  Nice work! :good:

Thanks, they don't look that bad in real life. The close ups definitely make it look like 3 or 4mm but I think once the bracelet is on and some nice rounded off 2 mm bars in there it will look good. Little hang up with losing the screws for my bracelet so bought another one to piece one together. Now be a bit before assembly:(