When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Dssd QC Issues - Am I being too picky?.

Jmh1979

Hi all,

So I did my research and opted to dive in and grab myself a 2014 Noob DSSD.

I opted for a well known TD, I'm sure you'll know who from the pics.

But I'm not too keen on the quality of the strap/bracelet.

I guess my question is, am I being too picky here? Or should I reject? what do others DSSDs look like in these areas?.

Oh and the face and body look great so just the strap/bracelet that concerns me.

The TD has said this is the last one and I can have a refund if I'd like so.....

post-66314-0-59542700-1410796794_thumb.j

post-66314-0-00448400-1410796810_thumb.j

Guest mikemcnair

Ask if the corrosion marks are just dirt and able to be cleaned off maybe? I'm sure it can be slightly polished and cleaned up to make it look better, allowing you to get it and not have to worry about searchin for another.

Personally, I'd accept it and ask for monetary help like discounted shipping etc, then just clean it up when I got it in hand. It's not going to make te watch fail, it's just unsightly, and in spots where it's not seen while being worn etc.

Ask if the corrosion marks are just dirt and able to be cleaned off maybe? I'm sure it can be slightly polished and cleaned up to make it look better, allowing you to get it and not have to worry about searchin for another.

Personally, I'd accept it and ask for monetary help like discounted shipping etc, then just clean it up when I got it in hand. It's not going to make te watch fail, it's just unsightly, and in spots where it's not seen while being worn etc.

+1

You can also go to BK and see if he has one that he's modded.

I would definitely reject it. You would at the very least expect a new watch.

Bro I'm sorry but you are wrong. In this hobby we Expect a few hareline scuffs l on stainless steel etc. lalalala you think the TD's would bother if people like yourself complained and rejected a watch every time you could spot a minute hareline scratch on steel.

"At the very least you expect a new watch?"

If you want a new Rolex in new

Condition, go to the Rolex AD :)

Life's a [censored], then you marry one!

yeah i think youre being particular.

no rep ive ever received has been free of any scratches, you could ask for several different watches fromt he inventory and each one will have something.

the darkness on the clasp could be dirt, oil, or just some scorching from the machining process

i would reject the piece if the dial was damaged or misprinted, the bezel pearl was not centered, there was some deep malformation in the metal, or something was obviously not fitted correctly.