When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

End Pieces for a modern Day Date

droptopman

Hi all,

I am looking for end pieces for a modern Day Date in gold to wear with a strap.  Model 118138/118238.  I have located several options for the older models but cannot seem to locate any for the modern case.  I absolutely love this piece especially with the strap on it and I doubt I will ever put the bracelet back on it.  The end pieces would make it just that much better.  

Any help much appreciated.  

Pic of the piece I am talking about.

post-60288-0-30494600-1410886305_thumb.j

Thanks Freddy,

This is an old gen strap and buckle and I really like it.  Just seems to suit this piece perfectly.  I am looking for the little pieces to fit between the strap and lugs.  Like this product here http://www.rolexendlinks.com/index.php?id_category=11&controller=category

So either looking for a source that has something like this for the modern case, or if someone has experience modding end links to fit this that would work too.

Thanks  

The end links that fit the 18238 case won't fit the 118238 case. 1803, 18038 and 18238 cases had the flat spot between the lugs, but the 118238 went back to the more rounded case between the lugs.

But you can probably fit a rep bracelet on there with the 455B end pieces- like on this 116208 that I built

photo_zps41658cfe.jpg

Otherwise I've never seen gold end pieces for a case like yours.

Another possibility would be go to someone like Josh or trusty and see if you could buy a rep strap with the gold endpieces- since all rep gold cases (or most) have the rounded case between the lugs

Thanks,

That is what I was afraid of.  I will contact some of the dealers and see if I can source a strap that has end pieces that will work or a cheap whole rep on strap with end pieces.  Or break the bank and see if I can find a gen strap or possibly just the gen gold end pieces.    

Other option would be to build a vintage model and use the end pieces that are available with this strap.  I have a nice overlay bracelet for this piece, but like the look with the strap better.  Problem with building another model is that I really like this piece.  This is one of Matt's builds and is really executed nicely.  Everything works great and this gen dial is one of the nicest I have seen.  It just has layers of depth....

Kind of funny, when we did this build we debated and went back and forth on whether to do modern or vintage.....Should have went vintage.

If 116233 band/end links will fit your 118234. Contact the eBay seller "georgeyeo1962" and ask him to gold plate the whole end links for 116233.

I got the end links for my Franken 16018 from him

I had him gold plate whole of his 16233 end link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-55075-141090669277.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. I have been searching for these for some time and had not thought of using the DJ pieces. We think this will work. George is very nice guy and excellent prompt service. Thanks Stone P. He was willing to do a full gold set. I will post up some pics when I get them on.

What a great community. I should have posted this weeks ago.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

• 2 weeks later...

OK I received the end pieces for my DD and they work great.  No mods needed.  Not totally optimal as they sit just a touch low, but IMO makes the piece look much cleaner on the strap.  Thanks to Stone P for the idea.  George is great to buy from, quick comms and shipping.  

Pic:

post-60288-0-33598500-1412095520_thumb.j